Club Penguin Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Been a minute
Club Penguin in-game fame - Post Your Opinion! Empty3/5/2022, 7:21 am by totelyawsome

» does anyone else come back here every once in a while
Club Penguin in-game fame - Post Your Opinion! Empty20/2/2022, 7:46 am by totelyawsome

» Hey guys came here for a nostalgia trip
Club Penguin in-game fame - Post Your Opinion! Empty16/2/2019, 1:09 pm by Boo492

» HELLO? Anyone still alive?
Club Penguin in-game fame - Post Your Opinion! Empty22/1/2018, 3:36 am by totelyawsome

» Info
Club Penguin in-game fame - Post Your Opinion! Empty3/6/2017, 2:36 pm by Maygirl2

» Waddle On
Club Penguin in-game fame - Post Your Opinion! Empty30/3/2017, 10:45 am by Ccpenguin8

» MODDED ACCOUNTS FOR SALE
Club Penguin in-game fame - Post Your Opinion! Empty10/10/2016, 3:17 pm by MODDED ACCOUNTS

» the thread where you can talk if you get bored and look this dump up again
Club Penguin in-game fame - Post Your Opinion! Empty26/7/2016, 5:52 pm by Mango Smango

» Mod Application [Two TM positions opened]
Club Penguin in-game fame - Post Your Opinion! Empty4/7/2016, 9:00 pm by Ccpenguin8

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 27 on 9/10/2022, 11:21 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Club Penguin in-game fame - Post Your Opinion!

5 posters

Go down

Club Penguin in-game fame - Post Your Opinion! Empty Club Penguin in-game fame - Post Your Opinion!

Post  Arctic DJ 25/1/2013, 6:40 am

Hello all!

I am simply asking what YOUR opinion on in-game fame is.

FIRSTLY, I'd like to say that 75% of all the present CP bloggers began blogging because blogging
not only sounded fun, but you can slowly receive fame as you work with other popular bloggers and show up on a famous bloggers' blogroll, etc. etc.

Being the center of the conversation 24/7 like Chrisdog back in 2009 is something a 12 year old boy would love. Being followed all around the island? Oh, boy. I can do this.
-Yes... you can. And if you're blog is successful, you'll succeed. But fame went too far in 2011. There were CP blogs clogging the internet.

Now, to me, it's just stupid. The thing is, people take this seriously. TEENAGERS, 15 16 17, play Club Penguin. Blog about it. They should be playing Minecraft, not CP. [/sarcasm]

And you know what the WORST part is? These kids WORK HARD for fame! (Grades go down, life crumbles... but we won't go into that)

So that's my opinion. Fame is stupid. Some bloggers like Trainman or Paintboy100 actually want help penguins with guides and cheats.

To conclude, I'd like to say there are 2 different types of fame - wanting.

1) Wanting alot of penguins to see your blog because you have lots of good information (Trainman) you want them to see, and you actually put effort into those words... rather than

2) Wanting them to see that you're hosting a party and adding penguins and giving away MEMBERSHIP and begging for TWITTER FOLLOWERS and... "adding"... haters is another factor in fame. It is = required. (I did all those things. WITH good information and 0 haters Razz)

So, yeah. Post your opinions on CP fame.

Last edited by Djmichael1 on 25/1/2013, 6:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : E R R O R Z)
Arctic DJ
Arctic DJ
Citizen Penguin

Back to top Go down

Club Penguin in-game fame - Post Your Opinion! Empty Re: Club Penguin in-game fame - Post Your Opinion!

Post  Gotchee 25/1/2013, 5:11 pm

CP Fame --> Stupid, I'd say.

When I was, like, 9 years old, I really wanted to be famous in CP. But when I became a little more mature, I realized that it's pretty stupid being famous in a 7 year old MMO Razz. I agree that people take it seriously, although Chrisdog isn't even interested in CP anymore. I visit CP every once in a while, and I'm mostly addicted to PC games like Skyrim, BF3, etc.

Anyway, I agree with ya that CP fame is stupid.
Gotchee
Gotchee
The Boogeyman

http://Elitehacksforce.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Club Penguin in-game fame - Post Your Opinion! Empty Re: Club Penguin in-game fame - Post Your Opinion!

Post  RadioActivitii 25/1/2013, 6:27 pm

Stupid, idiotic, really bad, anything else? Oh right, the fact that these bloggers make vague posts and leave everything to their illiterate 'authors' and stuff?

As you can see, I hate these people.
RadioActivitii
Sir Awesomeness the 3rd

Back to top Go down

Post  Arctic DJ 25/1/2013, 7:29 pm

Gotchee wrote:CP Fame --> Stupid, I'd say.

When I was, like, 9 years old, I really wanted to be famous in CP. But when I became a little more mature, I realized that it's pretty stupid being famous in a 7 year old MMO Razz. I agree that people take it seriously, although Chrisdog isn't even interested in CP anymore. I visit CP every once in a while, and I'm mostly addicted to PC games like Skyrim, BF3, etc.

Anyway, I agree with ya that CP fame is stupid.

Skyrim is the second best game eever. (MineC is 1st)

And Lostie, you're correct. Some blog owners recruit authors to do all of their work. Spike was like that >:{
Arctic DJ
Arctic DJ
Citizen Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ccpenguin8 25/1/2013, 10:01 pm

Now, now. I wouldn't start saying that anyone who has a CP blog is STUPID, because a lot of people here have worked on them.

I'm an author for a blog called CPK (I won't go into details, since that would be advertising) and I occasionally post news and cheats, but the main reason I do it is because I run their Stories page. Why? Because I have loads of them gathering dust, and I often don't have time to post them here, yet I really love showing them to people and sharing them.

I also own a blog, but I run that because I love working on websites and it just gives me a thrill when they eventually start to become successful. Granted, I give lots of the work to my authors, but I always post the big news.

Occasionally, I'm invited to one of the CPK parties, and I attract a very small crowd, but I'm not really too bothered about that. 'Fame' isn't a bad thing. Greed, and wanting more and more attention is a bad thing. I think that if you work really hard at something, you deserve recognition. But if not, I see no reason why people should demand fame like that.

Smile
Ccpenguin8
Ccpenguin8
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

http://clubpenguinblog.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Mango Smango 28/1/2013, 9:12 pm

I agree with what Dj said. When I first started blogging, I admit that I did want to be famous, and I still think It would be cool if I was, but I mostly just blog because I love to blog! I do want my blog to be more popular because I worked hard on it, but I don't do it just for fame. I never beg for twitter followers or anything, I enjoy getting more, but I would never beg people to follow me. I dont care how many followers I have, because It dosent really matter to me as long as I am having fun! I used to always want to be crowded around the island, but now that it has happened to me I realize that sometimes I dont like it as much when I am in the middle of doing something like making a video or posting cheats. But, I still love it when someone comes up to me and says that they are my "biggest fan", because I know that I do have some fans! But I only advertise my blog a little, and I never beg for followers or adds or anything, because that will not help you get more famous, it will probably just annoy people! People come up to me sometimes and ask me for adds over and over again, even when I try to add them and tell them my list is full (and I never lie about it, I would add evreyone if I could). So I think that fame is good only when you just got famous because you love what you do, not by just doing it for the fame! Smile
Mango Smango
Mango Smango
Bronze Penguin

http://clubpenguincheatsbymangosmango.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Arctic DJ 29/1/2013, 5:57 am

Mango Smango wrote:I agree with what Dj said. When I first started blogging, I admit that I did want to be famous, and I still think It would be cool if I was, but I mostly just blog because I love to blog! I do want my blog to be more popular because I worked hard on it, but I don't do it just for fame. I never beg for twitter followers or anything, I enjoy getting more, but I would never beg people to follow me. I dont care how many followers I have, because It dosent really matter to me as long as I am having fun! I used to always want to be crowded around the island, but now that it has happened to me I realize that sometimes I dont like it as much when I am in the middle of doing something like making a video or posting cheats. But, I still love it when someone comes up to me and says that they are my "biggest fan", because I know that I do have some fans! But I only advertise my blog a little, and I never beg for followers or adds or anything, because that will not help you get more famous, it will probably just annoy people! People come up to me sometimes and ask me for adds over and over again, even when I try to add them and tell them my list is full (and I never lie about it, I would add evreyone if I could). So I think that fame is good only when you just got famous because you love what you do, not by just doing it for the fame! Smile

I like the honesty, Mango! I know how you feel. Cc said that basically, fame is earned by hard work:;: and it is.

I guess fame is just a natural occurrence when you've got your name on the map.
Arctic DJ
Arctic DJ
Citizen Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down