Club Penguin Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Been a minute
Mod Application [Two TM positions opened] - Page 2 Empty3/5/2022, 7:21 am by totelyawsome

» does anyone else come back here every once in a while
Mod Application [Two TM positions opened] - Page 2 Empty20/2/2022, 7:46 am by totelyawsome

» Hey guys came here for a nostalgia trip
Mod Application [Two TM positions opened] - Page 2 Empty16/2/2019, 1:09 pm by Boo492

» HELLO? Anyone still alive?
Mod Application [Two TM positions opened] - Page 2 Empty22/1/2018, 3:36 am by totelyawsome

» Info
Mod Application [Two TM positions opened] - Page 2 Empty3/6/2017, 2:36 pm by Maygirl2

» Waddle On
Mod Application [Two TM positions opened] - Page 2 Empty30/3/2017, 10:45 am by Ccpenguin8

» MODDED ACCOUNTS FOR SALE
Mod Application [Two TM positions opened] - Page 2 Empty10/10/2016, 3:17 pm by MODDED ACCOUNTS

» the thread where you can talk if you get bored and look this dump up again
Mod Application [Two TM positions opened] - Page 2 Empty26/7/2016, 5:52 pm by Mango Smango

» Mod Application [Two TM positions opened]
Mod Application [Two TM positions opened] - Page 2 Empty4/7/2016, 9:00 pm by Ccpenguin8

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 27 on 9/10/2022, 11:21 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Mod Application [Two TM positions opened]

+7
Arctic DJ
Zing King To
Gotchee
Ccpenguin8
Mango Smango
King Kane
Maygirl2
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mod Application [Two TM positions opened] - Page 2 Empty Re: Mod Application [Two TM positions opened]

Post  Maygirl2 4/10/2012, 6:30 am

Djmichael1 wrote:Can we lessen the number of characters for the preferences? 250... is just too many. What if we don't know the user who asked for a preference that well? We can't just make up reasons why they'd want to be staff. You have to write what you've observed and know. I think a minimum of 200 characters would be reasonable. And the mod form is way too strict... for a small community like this.

The reason it's strict is because I don't want everyone to be a mod - applications would just be too easy. You don't have to have 3 preferences, though it does help. The 250 limit is there to make it simpler for me to understand if you actually are speaking truthfully or not. I don't count them word for word and if you have just a little but less than 250 I really won't care. Just as long as the preference is easily comprehensible and flows - I'm okay with it. It just has to make sense and have a certain worth behind it.
Maygirl2
Maygirl2
if i change my title today (21/12/14) how many people would notice?

https://cpforum.forumotion.org

Back to top Go down

Mod Application [Two TM positions opened] - Page 2 Empty Re: Mod Application [Two TM positions opened]

Post  Ccpenguin8 4/10/2012, 7:52 pm

Maygirl2 wrote:
Djmichael1 wrote:Can we lessen the number of characters for the preferences? 250... is just too many. What if we don't know the user who asked for a preference that well? We can't just make up reasons why they'd want to be staff. You have to write what you've observed and know. I think a minimum of 200 characters would be reasonable. And the mod form is way too strict... for a small community like this.

The reason it's strict is because I don't want everyone to be a mod - applications would just be too easy. You don't have to have 3 preferences, though it does help. The 250 limit is there to make it simpler for me to understand if you actually are speaking truthfully or not. I don't count them word for word and if you have just a little but less than 250 I really won't care. Just as long as the preference is easily comprehensible and flows - I'm okay with it. It just has to make sense and have a certain worth behind it.

^

Yes. If you don't know the person, then you shouldn't post a preference, to be honest. Although this is a small community, it's essential to have a reasonable staff.

As Maygirl says, it doesn't matter if it's slightly under 250. Everything is considered with an open mind, I can assure you of that.
Ccpenguin8
Ccpenguin8
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

http://clubpenguinblog.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Gotchee 4/10/2012, 8:03 pm

So, when are the new T.M going to be selected?
Gotchee
Gotchee
The Boogeyman

http://Elitehacksforce.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ccpenguin8 4/10/2012, 8:22 pm

Gotchee wrote:So, when are the new T.M going to be selected?

Please be patient, and the sucessful candidate(s) will be appointed soon. I imagine it will happen in a few days - a week and a half maximum.

First, Maygirl reviews the applications once all of them have been sent in (as far as I'm aware, she's still doing that), then if it is good enough, it will normally be put forward to a private staff vote, where the new TMs are decided. It takes a while, because selecting a new moderator is a very serious thing; we just want to ensure that the new staff members are of a reasonable standard, meet the requirements and will do a good job in moderating this forum.

The candidates will be informed of their status (accepted or rejected) shortly, so please bear with us, just a little longer. Thanks. Smile
Ccpenguin8
Ccpenguin8
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Arctic DJ 4/10/2012, 9:18 pm

Wow, this is intense. Three of you applied - one of you gets the privilege. Very Happy
Arctic DJ
Arctic DJ
Citizen Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ccpenguin8 4/10/2012, 9:22 pm

Djmichael1 wrote:Wow, this is intense. Three of you applied - one of you gets the privilege. Very Happy

To be honest, I'm not quite sure how many people have applied - we're still in the stage of Maygirl privately reviewing the applications; the staff don't know the exact details yet.

As for the number of positions, two Trainee Moderators are being hired. Wink
Ccpenguin8
Ccpenguin8
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Medicinal 10/10/2012, 12:44 am

That's what I really don't get about this system. The members shouldn't apply themselves, especially with preferences. If everyone wants the staff spot, nobody will give them a preference, probably because they are applying too?

I think the fairest (and easiest) system would just be the whole staff discuss the member(s) who they think are the best for the job. It saves the members applying (which actually takes up a bit of time, considering I was going to apply but then realised it took too long and scrapped it) as well as Maygirl reading all the applications, as well as giving everybody a fair shot. Just my opinion.
Medicinal
Medicinal
Young Penguin

http://forum.theclubpenguincheats.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Arctic DJ 10/10/2012, 6:17 pm

Medicinal wrote:That's what I really don't get about this system. The members shouldn't apply themselves, especially with preferences. If everyone wants the staff spot, nobody will give them a preference, probably because they are applying too?

I think the fairest (and easiest) system would just be the whole staff discuss the member(s) who they think are the best for the job. It saves the members applying (which actually takes up a bit of time, considering I was going to apply but then realised it took too long and scrapped it) as well as Maygirl reading all the applications, as well as giving everybody a fair shot. Just my opinion.

Yeah, the way TCPCF does it is wise. Like I said before, the app is a little extreme...
Arctic DJ
Arctic DJ
Citizen Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sindar Toffe 10/10/2012, 6:46 pm

Medicinal wrote:That's what I really don't get about this system. The members shouldn't apply themselves, especially with preferences. If everyone wants the staff spot, nobody will give them a preference, probably because they are applying too?

The Application Process is implemented on many forums I've been on. Also, the Staff do discuss potential new TM's.

Sindar
Sindar Toffe
Sindar Toffe
CPB Worker

Back to top Go down

Post  Gotchee 10/10/2012, 8:06 pm

Well, applications are useful, because :

1) The administrators can see your general writing skill.
2) Some people may have the qualities to be a mod, but they may not want to be one, for whatever reason. If you make an application, its pretty clear you wanna be a mod.
3) The application system doesn't mean that the staff don't discuss the "candidates" .

Gotchee
Gotchee
The Boogeyman

http://Elitehacksforce.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ccpenguin8 10/10/2012, 9:38 pm

In my opinion, the applications are the best system BY FAR. Not only does it allow members to inform us of their interest in becoming moderators, it allows us, as the staff, to sample their grammar, and consider whether they have the skills we're looking for, based upon the points listed in their application. Yes, the staff often have discussions about candidates, and yes, sometimes candidates are dismissed almost instantly. But that doesn't mean we hold "supreme power". It is important that members have their say about why they would be good mods - you don't get a job in real life without sending in your CV, or going to an interview.

At the end of the day, this system is the easiest, and most efficient system for us, and it gets the job done. That's what matters, and that's why we use it.

Djmichael1 wrote:

Yeah, the way TCPCF does it is wise. Like I said before, the app is a little extreme...

See above. It's extreme because we need to ensure that candidates have the skills, qualities and "flair" we're looking for. It's no use having a good moderator, that screams at the staff in the MDF.

Although TCPCF staff and TNCPCP staff try to maintain a good, friendly and professional working relationship to collaborate on interforum moderation issues when we occassionally have 'clashes', that doesn't mean we have to mimic them. Wink
Ccpenguin8
Ccpenguin8
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Lewleworange 10/10/2012, 10:05 pm

I'm agreeing. Same thing as well, I was trying to an Application but it's to hard. If the Moderators/Admins really knew us considering we've been on the original forum since 2010/2011. Why should we have to apply when everyone here knows...well, everyone?
Lewleworange
Lewleworange
NewbiePenguin

http://sbc.com/forums

Back to top Go down

Post  Ccpenguin8 11/10/2012, 11:18 am

Lewleworange wrote:

I'm agreeing. Same thing as well, I was trying to an Application but it's to hard. If the Moderators/Admins really knew us considering we've been on the original forum since 2010/2011. Why should we have to apply when everyone here knows...well, everyone?

Well, as for you, Lewleworange, I believe you were supposed to have been IP banned (which I have just done now). So I doubt you'll be applying any time soon.

On the issue of why we use the system, please see above. It is NOT too hard - if it was, I wouldn't have been able to apply back when I was still a candidate for a staff position. It is an accurate measure of your experience, skills, reputation (preferences), grammar and it generally helps the staff decide. We don't 'know' anyone; there are plenty of members here who behave completely differently than on CPCP.

If you wish to debate the operation of this forum, speak to Maygirl. I don't remember you ever being a moderator here, which means this is hardly an open topic for discussion. If you have an issue with this, please contact a staff member, and it will be discussed and you'll receive a reply shortly. We just want to ensure that the people hired are the best people possible.
Ccpenguin8
Ccpenguin8
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Mango Smango 11/10/2012, 11:40 pm

Ccpenguin8 wrote:

In my opinion, the applications are the best system BY FAR. Not only does it allow members to inform us of their interest in becoming moderators, it allows us, as the staff, to sample their grammar, and consider whether they have the skills we're looking for, based upon the points listed in their application. Yes, the staff often have discussions about candidates, and yes, sometimes candidates are dismissed almost instantly. But that doesn't mean we hold "supreme power". It is important that members have their say about why they would be good mods - you don't get a job in real life without sending in your CV, or going to an interview.

At the end of the day, this system is the easiest, and most efficient system for us, and it gets the job done. That's what matters, and that's why we use it.

Djmichael1 wrote:

See above. It's extreme because we need to ensure that candidates have the skills, qualities and "flair" we're looking for. It's no use having a good moderator, that screams at the staff in the MDF.

Although TCPCF staff and TNCPCP staff try to maintain a good, friendly and professional working relationship to collaborate on interforum moderation issues when we occassionally have 'clashes', that doesn't mean we have to mimic them. Wink

Wait, we have to have really good grammar? I did not know that! I never really use my best grammar on here. But, If I was a mod, I would! I don't think I have a good chance of becoming one now Sad. I actually have good grammar, I just don't usually use it online. (Just making sure you knew that because I diddint know that you would be looking at our posts to check) Smile
Mango Smango
Mango Smango
Bronze Penguin

http://clubpenguincheatsbymangosmango.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ccpenguin8 12/10/2012, 1:01 pm

Mango Smango wrote:
Ccpenguin8 wrote:

Djmichael1 wrote:

Wait, we have to have really good grammar? I did not know that! I never really use my best grammar on here. But, If I was a mod, I would! I don't think I have a good chance of becoming one now Sad. I actually have good grammar, I just don't usually use it online. (Just making sure you knew that because I diddint know that you would be looking at our posts to check) Smile

Yes, we do look for good grammar when hiring potential moderators. Don't worry, though, you do have a chance of becoming one - just be sure to use good grammar from now on, and I'm sure you'll be just fine. Besides, the final decisions haven't been made yet.

Everything is considered with an open mind, and you don't have to be completely perfect to get the job, we're hiring Training Moderators. That means you learn on the job, and we teach you the moderation techniques and methods you should use to become a better staff member.
Ccpenguin8
Ccpenguin8
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  King Kane 27/9/2014, 12:18 am

Betch who is the mod
King Kane
King Kane
Monarch of Camelot

http://thetopic.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jet Pack Guy 1/4/2016, 5:18 pm

Ccpenguin8 wrote:
Lewleworange wrote:

Well, as for you, Lewleworange, I believe you were supposed to have been IP banned (which I have just done now). So I doubt you'll be applying any time soon.

On the issue of why we use the system, please see above. It is NOT too hard - if it was, I wouldn't have been able to apply back when I was still a candidate for a staff position. It is an accurate measure of your experience, skills, reputation (preferences), grammar and it generally helps the staff decide. We don't 'know' anyone; there are plenty of members here who behave completely differently than on CPCP.

If you wish to debate the operation of this forum, speak to Maygirl. I don't remember you ever being a moderator here, which means this is hardly an open topic for discussion. If you have an issue with this, please contact a staff member, and it will be discussed and you'll receive a reply shortly. We just want to ensure that the people hired are the best people possible.
absolute savage
Jet Pack Guy
Jet Pack Guy
Young Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ccpenguin8 4/7/2016, 9:00 pm

Mmm. If you still wanted to be a mod, I guess you could have my job... or not. I resigned two and a half years ago and Maygirl still hasn't removed my mod powers. Razz
Ccpenguin8
Ccpenguin8
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum