Club Penguin Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Been a minute
Ccpenguin's Newsletter! - ISSUE 1 OUT NOW Empty3/5/2022, 7:21 am by totelyawsome

» does anyone else come back here every once in a while
Ccpenguin's Newsletter! - ISSUE 1 OUT NOW Empty20/2/2022, 7:46 am by totelyawsome

» Hey guys came here for a nostalgia trip
Ccpenguin's Newsletter! - ISSUE 1 OUT NOW Empty16/2/2019, 1:09 pm by Boo492

» HELLO? Anyone still alive?
Ccpenguin's Newsletter! - ISSUE 1 OUT NOW Empty22/1/2018, 3:36 am by totelyawsome

» Info
Ccpenguin's Newsletter! - ISSUE 1 OUT NOW Empty3/6/2017, 2:36 pm by Maygirl2

» Waddle On
Ccpenguin's Newsletter! - ISSUE 1 OUT NOW Empty30/3/2017, 10:45 am by Ccpenguin8

» MODDED ACCOUNTS FOR SALE
Ccpenguin's Newsletter! - ISSUE 1 OUT NOW Empty10/10/2016, 3:17 pm by MODDED ACCOUNTS

» the thread where you can talk if you get bored and look this dump up again
Ccpenguin's Newsletter! - ISSUE 1 OUT NOW Empty26/7/2016, 5:52 pm by Mango Smango

» Mod Application [Two TM positions opened]
Ccpenguin's Newsletter! - ISSUE 1 OUT NOW Empty4/7/2016, 9:00 pm by Ccpenguin8

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 27 on 9/10/2022, 11:21 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Ccpenguin's Newsletter! - ISSUE 1 OUT NOW

+3
Nicktang10
totelyawsome
Ccpenguin8
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ccpenguin's Newsletter! - ISSUE 1 OUT NOW Empty Ccpenguin's Newsletter! - ISSUE 1 OUT NOW

Post  Ccpenguin8 17/11/2012, 8:23 pm

Welcome to...

CCPENGUIN'S NEWSLETTER!
Next issue: ISSUE 1 AVAILABLE NOW!
Issue 1 (25/11/2012) LINK: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Now, for those of you who will instantly groan and mutter 'Not ANOTHER newsletter...', this is not any ordinary newsletter. Every week, I will aim to provide a detailed, 50-page (small font), newsletter containing official forum threads, articles, polls and surveys, opinion and comment, games, puzzles, notable threads, official announcements, good stories, Ask Ccpenguin! as a column for readers, a graphics showcase with some of the most recent artwork of forum members (sponsored, of course, by Ccpenguin's Graphics Shop) and more. We are indeed hiring, please see below for positions.

STAFF POSITIONS OPEN:

• Deputy Editor/Co-Owner

• TNCPCP Forum Correspondent

• TCPCF/CPCP/CPBlast/CP Fansite/Any other major forum Correspondent

• Graphics Head - Please submit a sample. Sponsored by Ccpenguin's Graphics Shop.

• Story Corner Editor

• Games and Puzzles Producer

• Polls and Surveys Co-ordinator

• General Reporter

• Backup Reporter

If you wish to apply for a position, please post below stating what position you would like, why you want it, and providing any samples if you are applying for a Graphics place. Any applications that are not posted on this thread will be denied. Feel free to post if you have a question. Very Happy

NOTE ON ADVERTISING: If you have a Graphics Shop, Party, Newspaper or Contest, and you want it advertised, then if you PM a link to the thread, and enclose 35 SPs, then I will publish an ad in the next edition of the newspaper.

Last edited by Ccpenguin8 on 25/11/2012, 3:10 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Publication of Issue 1)
Ccpenguin8
Ccpenguin8
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

http://clubpenguinblog.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Ccpenguin's Newsletter! - ISSUE 1 OUT NOW Empty Re: Ccpenguin's Newsletter! - ISSUE 1 OUT NOW

Post  totelyawsome 17/11/2012, 11:39 pm

I want to be the backup reporter because at nicktang10's newsletter I was the advice person and I pretty much sucked at it (in my opinion).
totelyawsome
totelyawsome
The Awesome One

Back to top Go down

Ccpenguin's Newsletter! - ISSUE 1 OUT NOW Empty Re: Ccpenguin's Newsletter! - ISSUE 1 OUT NOW

Post  Nicktang10 18/11/2012, 4:06 am

I'd like to be Story Corner Editor. Hopefully this time the newsletter will fare well, but i think that you can do it! Very Happy
Nicktang10
Nicktang10
Bronze Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sky Blue 18/11/2012, 6:25 am

I'd like to be the General Reporter because i can write detailed posts. Very Happy
Sky Blue
Sky Blue
Citizen Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ccpenguin8 18/11/2012, 12:32 pm

totelyawsome wrote:I want to be the backup reporter because at nicktang10's newsletter I was the advice person and I pretty much sucked at it (in my opinion).

Alright, you've got the job. As a backup reporter, you will just be expected to write one original, medium-length, article which I will save on my computer and I will publish somewhere in the newsletter if there's space.

Nicktang10 wrote:I'd like to be Story Corner Editor. Hopefully this time the newsletter will fare well, but i think that you can do it! Very Happy

Great! You've definitely got the job, and thanks! As the Story Corner Editor, you will have to collect up some snippets of really good stories on the forum, and if you have time, perhaps write some of your own!

Sky Blue wrote:I'd like to be the General Reporter because i can write detailed posts. Very Happy

Fantastic - you've also got the job. As General Reporter, you can write about ANYTHING. Literally anything. You can write as many articles as you like, on any topic, but you must have at least one article.

If anyone else wants to apply, feel free. Reporters, I need your material in by Friday 23rd November, so that I have time to edit it and place it somewhere suitable in the newspaper. Once your material is done, please send it to me in a PM ASAP.
Ccpenguin8
Ccpenguin8
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sky Blue 18/11/2012, 4:48 pm

Ccpenguin8 wrote:
totelyawsome wrote:I want to be the backup reporter because at nicktang10's newsletter I was the advice person and I pretty much sucked at it (in my opinion).

Alright, you've got the job. As a backup reporter, you will just be expected to write one original, medium-length, article which I will save on my computer and I will publish somewhere in the newsletter if there's space.

Nicktang10 wrote:I'd like to be Story Corner Editor. Hopefully this time the newsletter will fare well, but i think that you can do it! Very Happy

Great! You've definitely got the job, and thanks! As the Story Corner Editor, you will have to collect up some snippets of really good stories on the forum, and if you have time, perhaps write some of your own!

Sky Blue wrote:I'd like to be the General Reporter because i can write detailed posts. Very Happy

Fantastic - you've also got the job. As General Reporter, you can write about ANYTHING. Literally anything. You can write as many articles as you like, on any topic, but you must have at least one article.

If anyone else wants to apply, feel free. Reporters, I need your material in by Friday 23rd November, so that I have time to edit it and place it somewhere suitable in the newspaper. Once your material is done, please send it to me in a PM ASAP.

Thanks so much Cc. Very Happy
Sky Blue
Sky Blue
Citizen Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ccpenguin8 18/11/2012, 7:59 pm

Sky Blue wrote:
Ccpenguin8 wrote:

Thanks so much Cc. Very Happy

You're very welcome. I'm already about 1/4 done, but there is still plenty of room left, so please be sure to send your material, guys.

By the way Sky Blue, you're not in trouble, but posts under two sentences are considered spam. Wink
Ccpenguin8
Ccpenguin8
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sky Blue 19/11/2012, 11:43 am

Ah I see thanks I didn't know that. I don't remember reading that in the forum rules but thanks anyways for telling me. And your newsletters link will be PMed or is it going to be in your signature?
Sky Blue
Sky Blue
Citizen Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ccpenguin8 19/11/2012, 7:03 pm

Sky Blue wrote:Ah I see thanks I didn't know that. I don't remember reading that in the forum rules but thanks anyways for telling me. And your newsletters link will be PMed or is it going to be in your signature?

A download link will be available on the thread.

P.S No, you wouldn't have read that in the forum rules. It's not publicly listed, but it's the policy we use.
Ccpenguin8
Ccpenguin8
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sindar Toffe 19/11/2012, 10:31 pm

Good luck with the newsletter, Ccpenguin8! Very Happy I'm sure it will do well, I just hope my computer can manage a 50 word document! Razz

I can't wait for this Sunday!

Sindar
Sindar Toffe
Sindar Toffe
CPB Worker

Back to top Go down

Post  Mango Smango 19/11/2012, 10:37 pm

Can I be the graphics person? I have some examples below. Also, what is the TCPCF/CPCP/CPBlast/CP Fansite/Any other major forum Correspondent? And can I advertise a CP related site in it too?

Graphics Examples:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Mango Smango
Mango Smango
Bronze Penguin

http://clubpenguincheatsbymangosmango.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ccpenguin8 19/11/2012, 10:41 pm

Mango Smango wrote:Can I be the graphics person? I have some examples below. Also, what is the TCPCF/CPCP/CPBlast/CP Fansite/Any other major forum Correspondent? And can I advertise a CP related site in it too?

Graphics Examples:

1) Ah. Well, it's not fixed yet, but I was going to go for JackPirate45. But, he's doing his own column about music anyway, so if you can give me a good header, then sure!

2) You know in real life newspapers they have people who report on things that happen in other countries? It's just like that, except they're writing about other forums, not countries.

3) Sorry, yes. You can advertise anything, as long as it's appropriate.
Ccpenguin8
Ccpenguin8
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Mango Smango 19/11/2012, 11:01 pm

Ccpenguin8 wrote:
Mango Smango wrote:Can I be the graphics person? I have some examples below. Also, what is the TCPCF/CPCP/CPBlast/CP Fansite/Any other major forum Correspondent? And can I advertise a CP related site in it too?

Graphics Examples:

1) Ah. Well, it's not fixed yet, but I was going to go for JackPirate45. But, he's doing his own column about music anyway, so if you can give me a good header, then sure!

2) You know in real life newspapers they have people who report on things that happen in other countries? It's just like that, except they're writing about other forums, not countries.

Ok! I will make a header and pm it to you so you can use it if you like it Smile. And if we advertise something, can we make a graphic advertising it, kinda like ads in actual newspapers?
Mango Smango
Mango Smango
Bronze Penguin

http://clubpenguincheatsbymangosmango.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  totelyawsome 19/11/2012, 11:54 pm

Ccpenguin8 wrote:
Reporters, I need your material in by Friday 23rd November
does that include backup reporters?
totelyawsome
totelyawsome
The Awesome One

Back to top Go down

Post  Sky Blue 20/11/2012, 1:19 pm

totelyawsome wrote:
Ccpenguin8 wrote:

Yes I think so all reporters even backup. I'm not sure though.
@CcPenguin8:I have prepared a 6-page review but every time I try to PM it to you it keeps on saying that I haven't reached the post limit to PM yet. What should I do?
Sky Blue
Sky Blue
Citizen Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ccpenguin8 20/11/2012, 7:10 pm

Mango Smango wrote:
Ccpenguin8 wrote:

Graphics Examples:

Ok! I will make a header and pm it to you so you can use it if you like it Smile. And if we advertise something, can we make a graphic advertising it, kinda like ads in actual newspapers?

Yeah, sure. If you want to use a graphic, then that's great. I don't provide them, though, you'll have to make them yourselves. If you provide a graphic, I use that and hyperlink it to the web address, but if you don't provide one, I just do a standard text ad. Eitherways, it's still 35 SPs.

totelyawsome wrote:
Ccpenguin8 wrote:

Well, kind of. I need EVERY reporter to send in their material by then, including backup reporters but backup reporters' material is normally used toward the back of the newspaper (or maybe it might not be used at all if other reporters send in really great material. Sorry. Sad).

Sky Blue wrote:
totelyawsome wrote:
Ccpenguin8 wrote:

Yes I think so all reporters even backup. I'm not sure though.
@CcPenguin8:I have prepared a 6-page review but every time I try to PM it to you it keeps on saying that I haven't reached the post limit to PM yet. What should I do?

We currently have a limit whereby only members that have been members for about a week, and have reached a certain post count, will be able to send PMs. Don't take it personally - it's a security precaution. It's just difficult for the moderators to handle PM offenses, so we put that precaution in place to stop spam bots sending unwanted messages to 'real' members.

So, if you don't reach the limit, then just e-mail it directly to me at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].uk. To be honest, I prefer e-mails anyway. Smile
Ccpenguin8
Ccpenguin8
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  totelyawsome 21/11/2012, 12:09 am

Ccpenguin8 wrote:
Well, kind of. I need EVERY reporter to send in their material by then, including backup reporters but backup reporters' material is normally used toward the back of the newspaper (or maybe it might not be used at all if other reporters send in really great material. Sorry. Sad).
well what do I report about? the forum or club penguin?
totelyawsome
totelyawsome
The Awesome One

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan2293 21/11/2012, 5:29 am

I would like to be a Back Up Reporter. May I have the job.
Ryan2293
Ryan2293
NewbiePenguin

http://ryan2293.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ccpenguin8 21/11/2012, 10:23 am

totelyawsome wrote:
Ccpenguin8 wrote:

As a backup reporter, you're kinda like a General Reporter. You can write about anything as long as it's appropriate, but unlike other reporters, I can't guarantee that your material will be used.

Ryan2293, sorry. Totelyawsome has the Backup Reporter postion. You can always apply for another one.
Ccpenguin8
Ccpenguin8
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sky Blue 21/11/2012, 12:25 pm

Ccpenguin8 wrote:
totelyawsome wrote:
Ccpenguin8 wrote:

As a backup reporter, you're kinda like a General Reporter. You can write about anything as long as it's appropriate, but unlike other reporters, I can't guarantee that your material will be used.

Ryan2293, sorry. Totelyawsome has the Backup Reporter postion. You can always apply for another one.
I have emailed you the report and wanted to ask that the newsletter, once it launches it will be giving information on Club Penguin every day or once a week?
Sky Blue
Sky Blue
Citizen Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ccpenguin8 21/11/2012, 12:58 pm

Sky Blue wrote:
Ccpenguin8 wrote:
totelyawsome wrote:
Ccpenguin8 wrote:

I have emailed you the report and wanted to ask that the newsletter, once it launches it will be giving information on Club Penguin every day or once a week?

If you haven't noticed, the newsletter is planned to be 50 pages. Due to time zones and real life, it simply isn't possible to make something that huge in just 24 hours. It's weekly. Smile
Ccpenguin8
Ccpenguin8
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sky Blue 21/11/2012, 1:23 pm

Ccpenguin8 wrote:
Sky Blue wrote:
Ccpenguin8 wrote:
totelyawsome wrote:
Ccpenguin8 wrote:

If you haven't noticed, the newsletter is planned to be 50 pages. Due to time zones and real life, it simply isn't possible to make something that huge in just 24 hours. It's weekly. Smile

What do you mean? Do I have to write a 50-page review? My report was 10 pages actually but should I write 40 more?
Sky Blue
Sky Blue
Citizen Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ccpenguin8 21/11/2012, 2:50 pm

Sky Blue wrote:
Ccpenguin8 wrote:
Sky Blue wrote:
Ccpenguin8 wrote:
totelyawsome wrote:
Ccpenguin8 wrote:

What do you mean? Do I have to write a 50-page review? My report was 10 pages actually but should I write 40 more?

No, Sky Blue. The newsletter is planned to be a TOTAL of 50 pages. That includes your report, my own articles, and everyone else's material.
Ccpenguin8
Ccpenguin8
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ccpenguin8 24/11/2012, 5:06 pm

ATTENTION ALL REPORTERS: The deadline for submitting material was YESTERDAY, and the newspaper is set to be released to the public TOMMOROW.

We only have about 15 pages out of 50 planned, so I am desperate for material! It doesn't matter what position you have, write about anything, and send it to me BEFORE SUNDAY 25TH NOVEMBER 2012, 8:30 AM GMT.

Reporters that have not submitted any material before this time WILL LOSE THEIR POSITION.
Ccpenguin8
Ccpenguin8
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ccpenguin8 25/11/2012, 11:33 am

Please excuse double post.

ISSUE ONE OF CCPENGUIN'S NEWSLETTER IS LIVE AND OUT NOW! The download link is available on the main post (first post on the thread) and you have the option of viewing it in your web browser, or downloading it via MediaFire. I would recommend downloading it, because the web browser version just shows a blank page.

EDIT: Link back up.

Ccpenguin8
Ccpenguin8
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next