Club Penguin Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Been a minute
Club Penguin on Wii U? Empty3/5/2022, 7:21 am by totelyawsome

» does anyone else come back here every once in a while
Club Penguin on Wii U? Empty20/2/2022, 7:46 am by totelyawsome

» Hey guys came here for a nostalgia trip
Club Penguin on Wii U? Empty16/2/2019, 1:09 pm by Boo492

» HELLO? Anyone still alive?
Club Penguin on Wii U? Empty22/1/2018, 3:36 am by totelyawsome

» Info
Club Penguin on Wii U? Empty3/6/2017, 2:36 pm by Maygirl2

» Waddle On
Club Penguin on Wii U? Empty30/3/2017, 10:45 am by Ccpenguin8

» MODDED ACCOUNTS FOR SALE
Club Penguin on Wii U? Empty10/10/2016, 3:17 pm by MODDED ACCOUNTS

» the thread where you can talk if you get bored and look this dump up again
Club Penguin on Wii U? Empty26/7/2016, 5:52 pm by Mango Smango

» Mod Application [Two TM positions opened]
Club Penguin on Wii U? Empty4/7/2016, 9:00 pm by Ccpenguin8

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 27 on 9/10/2022, 11:21 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Club Penguin on Wii U?

+3
Ccpenguin8
Michaelmn
Sindar Toffe
7 posters

Go down

Club Penguin on Wii U? Empty Club Penguin on Wii U?

Post  Sindar Toffe 16/11/2012, 6:55 pm

I think Club Penguin would work well on Wii U, it exceeds all of the requirements (as far as I am aware) so why not release it via the eShop for free with free updates when a new party comes? You could purchase a membership in the game so Disney could get money.

Here are my ideas for controls:

Left Analogue Stick - Move Penguin/ Hand (The hand is for choosing clothes, etc.)
Touch Screen - acts as the keyboard
A Button - Menu option select
X Button - Inventory
Y Button - Friends List
B Button - Igloo

Considering there are buttons I haven't listed, games would still work well.

If Disney made this, it would be amazing!

Sindar
Sindar Toffe
Sindar Toffe
CPB Worker

http://clubpenguinblog.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Club Penguin on Wii U? Empty Re: Club Penguin on Wii U?

Post  Michaelmn 16/11/2012, 7:40 pm

Could But there will be never be a Club Penguin Game No
Michaelmn
Michaelmn
NewbiePenguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ccpenguin8 17/11/2012, 11:15 am

Well, Disney have already released two Club Penguin games for platforms other than PC/Mac:

1) Puffle Launch, for iOS and Android devices. It allows you to transfer coins to your online account.

2) Club Penguin Game Day, which is actually for the Wii (normal Wii). It allows you to dress your penguin, play games, and transfer coins and stamps. Closest game to actual CP.

As for a proper Club Penguin game on Wii U, it's possible, but technically it could not be multiplayer, in that you need seperate Wi-Fi multiplayer servers on the Wii U, than on the PC/Mac. So, if you were on Bobsled on your PC, and I was on Bobsled on my Wii U, we wouldn't be able to meet, because we'd be on different server hosts.
Ccpenguin8
Ccpenguin8
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sindar Toffe 17/11/2012, 3:10 pm

Ccpenguin8 wrote:Well, Disney have already released two Club Penguin games for platforms other than PC/Mac:

1) Puffle Launch, for iOS and Android devices. It allows you to transfer coins to your online account.

2) Club Penguin Game Day, which is actually for the Wii (normal Wii). It allows you to dress your penguin, play games, and transfer coins and stamps. Closest game to actual CP.

As for a proper Club Penguin game on Wii U, it's possible, but technically it could not be multiplayer, in that you need seperate Wi-Fi multiplayer servers on the Wii U, than on the PC/Mac. So, if you were on Bobsled on your PC, and I was on Bobsled on my Wii U, we wouldn't be able to meet, because we'd be on different server hosts.

If Club Penguin is ever playable in HTML5, then it will be possible in Wii U's Internet Browser. I'm not sure how Nintendo Network works, but if they make it so the servers connect to Disney's then it could be possible but because Nintendo Network is new I don't know.

Sindar
Sindar Toffe
Sindar Toffe
CPB Worker

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin4606 21/11/2012, 1:46 am

Club Penguin on Wii U? Possible..
Austin4606
Austin4606
NewbiePenguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ccpenguin8 21/11/2012, 10:18 am

Sindar Toffe wrote:
Ccpenguin8 wrote:Well, Disney have already released two Club Penguin games for platforms other than PC/Mac:

If Club Penguin is ever playable in HTML5, then it will be possible in Wii U's Internet Browser. I'm not sure how Nintendo Network works, but if they make it so the servers connect to Disney's then it could be possible but because Nintendo Network is new I don't know.

Sindar

A version of Club Penguin playable through the Wii U browser would be able to interact wth penguins playing on the PC. It's just that a proper multiplayer Club Penguin game on a disc would run on different servers, so you wouldn't be able to interact with other players who were playing on PC.
Ccpenguin8
Ccpenguin8
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sindar Toffe 21/11/2012, 9:52 pm

Ccpenguin8 wrote:
A version of Club Penguin playable through the Wii U browser would be able to interact wth penguins playing on the PC. It's just that a proper multiplayer Club Penguin game on a disc would run on different servers, so you wouldn't be able to interact with other players who were playing on PC.

It would be released via the eShop (digitally). I know an MMORPG has been released on Wii and Wii U, and players on Wii U can see the Wii players so I think it could work.
Sindar Toffe
Sindar Toffe
CPB Worker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sky Blue 23/11/2012, 2:33 pm

Sindar Toffe wrote:
Ccpenguin8 wrote:

It would be released via the eShop (digitally). I know an MMORPG has been released on Wii and Wii U, and players on Wii U can see the Wii players so I think it could work.

That's what I thought but isn't MMORPG in beta in Wii U?
Also I don't think Club Penguin would most likely want to do that because as for now they are very busy these two months but you know this could happen next year in May or June.
Sky Blue
Sky Blue
Citizen Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  1x4h 23/11/2012, 10:51 pm

Ccpenguin8 wrote:

oh yeah I absolutely forgot about this game.

I should find a Wiimote and a BT dongle so I can play it properly on Dolphin
1x4h
NewbiePenguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ccpenguin8 24/11/2012, 10:19 am

Sindar Toffe wrote:
Ccpenguin8 wrote:

Wii and Wii U are different versions of the same product. Nintendo may tell you that they have completely redesigned the technology, which is partially true, but really the programming language is basically the same. That means the producer of that game would be able to hire out a server that would allow both platforms to interact.

But PCs are different. They are coded differently. They run differently. They behave differently. At the time that I write this, there are no multiplayer servers on sale that allow PC, Mac, Wii and Wii U users to interact. PC and Mac will interact. Wii and Wii U will interact. Wii and Wii U can use a basic internet communication system to transfer coins to your online account. But no server out there will allow these four platforms to interact properly, with each Wii U player being able to see the PC players, and vice versa.

Ccpenguin Very Happy
Ccpenguin8
Ccpenguin8
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Flippy1899 2/12/2012, 9:16 pm

Oh shamwow! I would love this... well, if I got a Wii U...
Flippy1899
Flippy1899
NewbiePenguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down