Club Penguin Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Been a minute
The Penguin Times - Main Thread & Issues Empty3/5/2022, 7:21 am by totelyawsome

» does anyone else come back here every once in a while
The Penguin Times - Main Thread & Issues Empty20/2/2022, 7:46 am by totelyawsome

» Hey guys came here for a nostalgia trip
The Penguin Times - Main Thread & Issues Empty16/2/2019, 1:09 pm by Boo492

» HELLO? Anyone still alive?
The Penguin Times - Main Thread & Issues Empty22/1/2018, 3:36 am by totelyawsome

» Info
The Penguin Times - Main Thread & Issues Empty3/6/2017, 2:36 pm by Maygirl2

» Waddle On
The Penguin Times - Main Thread & Issues Empty30/3/2017, 10:45 am by Ccpenguin8

» MODDED ACCOUNTS FOR SALE
The Penguin Times - Main Thread & Issues Empty10/10/2016, 3:17 pm by MODDED ACCOUNTS

» the thread where you can talk if you get bored and look this dump up again
The Penguin Times - Main Thread & Issues Empty26/7/2016, 5:52 pm by Mango Smango

» Mod Application [Two TM positions opened]
The Penguin Times - Main Thread & Issues Empty4/7/2016, 9:00 pm by Ccpenguin8

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 27 on 9/10/2022, 11:21 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Penguin Times - Main Thread & Issues

+3
Gotchee
JackPirate45
Sindar Toffe
7 posters

Go down

The Penguin Times - Main Thread & Issues Empty The Penguin Times - Main Thread & Issues

Post  Sindar Toffe 23/10/2012, 6:41 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Penguin Times is not going to receive it's first issue because I would like to focus on making Club Penguin Blog the best it can be.

I hope you are excited for the Blog, sorry to those who were looking forward to The Penguin Times!

Topic Locked.

Sindar

Last edited by Sindar Toffe on 19/11/2012, 10:33 pm; edited 5 times in total
Sindar Toffe
Sindar Toffe
CPB Worker

http://clubpenguinblog.co.uk

Back to top Go down

The Penguin Times - Main Thread & Issues Empty Re: The Penguin Times - Main Thread & Issues

Post  JackPirate45 23/10/2012, 6:55 pm

EDIT: Imageshack wrecked the quality. I'll upload these to Tinypic later on.

I'd like to apply for the graphic artist... What else would I be good for? Razz

Anyway, here are some examples.

A header I never liked.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A header for a forum.

XAT background.

An image made for Kane's video.

Hand drawn random pictures.

I might add more later on.

I think that's enough.

I'd usually be able to submit the art on time... If I can't, I'll inform you earlier.

Last edited by JackPirate45 on 25/10/2012, 7:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
JackPirate45
JackPirate45
Bronze Penguin

Back to top Go down

The Penguin Times - Main Thread & Issues Empty Re: The Penguin Times - Main Thread & Issues

Post  Gotchee 23/10/2012, 6:58 pm

Sindar Toffe wrote:

Welcome to The Penguin Times! The Penguin Times is a monthly newspaper that will launch on the last Saturday of each month. The Penguin Times will include the latest news, information regarding TNCPCP and Club Penguin! Each issue, we will have a theme to keep the newspaper fun and entertaining Smile

Upcoming Issues
Oct 28th - Issue #1: Launch Edition
Nov 2012 - Issue #2: Snow Edition
Dec 2012 - Issue #3: Santa Edition

We are accepting Authors!

Interested in writing for The Penguin Times? Great! I am looking for people who are dedicated, creative and organized!

Co-Founder: CLOSED to applications
Story Corner Author: OPEN to Applications
This month in Club Penguin: OPEN to Applications
Coming up in Club Penguin: OPEN to Applications
Comic Corner: CLOSED to Applications
This month on TNCPCP: OPEN to Applications
Graphic Artist*: OPEN to Applications
Jokes, Riddles and more!: CLOSED to Applications

* Please make sure you give examples when applying.

To apply, please fill in the following information:

• The position you are applying for
  • Examples (if needed for the position your are applying for)
  • Will you be able to submit the work in time?
Please post your application on this thread by the 25th of October 2012.

Launch Information
The Penguin Times is scheduled to launch on the 28th of October 2012. ALL open positions will close on the 25th of October 2012. Successful applicants must get their work in by 9PM BST on the 27th of October 2012.

FAQ

When is the first issue out?
Please refer to Launch Information for information regarding the launch of The Penguin Times.

The position I'd like to apply for is closed. When will it open?
Please watch this thread for details regarding when a postion opens. In the meantime, please feel free to apply for your second favourite position.

Sindar

Wow, another newsletter? We're pretty much filled up with these Razz Anyway, I won't be applying, as I already have a position on Nicktang's newsletter. Good luck with your paper Smile
Gotchee
Gotchee
The Boogeyman

http://Elitehacksforce.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mango Smango 23/10/2012, 11:34 pm

I know that there was already an application for graphics artists, but I want to apply too. Smile And, sorry Jackpirate, I just really wanted to apply too!

Examples:
Twitter header I made
Header for a site I made
Custom Penguin
A penguin that I edited
A non CP related thing I drew with the computer (I did not draw the penguin)
Mango Smango
Mango Smango
Bronze Penguin

http://clubpenguincheatsbymangosmango.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ccpenguin8 23/10/2012, 11:35 pm

Nice idea, Sindar. Didn't you set one of these up for old CPCP a while ago? Anyway, here is my application for your consideration:

Position - This month on TNCPCP. If for whatever reason, this position is unavailable, I would be more than happy to do 'This month on Club Penguin'.

Examples - N/A. If you want me to write some example articles, I can do so on request.

Will you be able to submit the work on time? - I always aim to be as organized as I can, and I have a 90% success rate at meeting deadlines. I do have an extremely busy life outside the forum, and moderation also takes up a fair deal of time, but regardless of this I try my best to be punctual with my submissions.
Ccpenguin8
Ccpenguin8
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sindar Toffe 23/10/2012, 11:47 pm

Ccpenguin8 wrote:Nice idea, Sindar. Didn't you set one of these up for old CPCP a while ago? Anyway, here is my application for your consideration:

Position - This month on TNCPCP. If for whatever reason, this position is unavailable, I would be more than happy to do 'This month on Club Penguin'.

Examples - N/A. If you want me to write some example articles, I can do so on request.

Will you be able to submit the work on time? - I always aim to be as organized as I can, and I have a 90% success rate at meeting deadlines. I do have an extremely busy life outside the forum, and moderation also takes up a fair deal of time, but regardless of this I try my best to be punctual with my submissions.

Yes, I did. Smile It didn't get much interest though. Sad Thanks everyone for the interest; I'm really excited by the response! By the way, I only need examples if there is a * next to the position. Very Happy

I'd like to let everyone know that if you had an issue in real life which made you unable to get the work done on time, that's fine. I'd really appreciate it if you could give me some notice in advance, but that's not required.

Sindar
Sindar Toffe
Sindar Toffe
CPB Worker

Back to top Go down

Post  Ccpenguin8 24/10/2012, 11:02 am

Oh no! I just realized there's a Story Corner Author position open. Oh well, I guess I can't really apply for two positions. Good luck to whoever gets it. Smile
Ccpenguin8
Ccpenguin8
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicktang10 26/10/2012, 11:59 am

Gotchee wrote:
Sindar Toffe wrote:

Welcome to The Penguin Times! The Penguin Times is a monthly newspaper that will launch on the last Saturday of each month. The Penguin Times will include the latest news, information regarding TNCPCP and Club Penguin! Each issue, we will have a theme to keep the newspaper fun and entertaining Smile

Upcoming Issues
Oct 28th - Issue #1: Launch Edition
Nov 2012 - Issue #2: Snow Edition
Dec 2012 - Issue #3: Santa Edition

We are accepting Authors!

Interested in writing for The Penguin Times? Great! I am looking for people who are dedicated, creative and organized!

Co-Founder: CLOSED to applications
Story Corner Author: OPEN to Applications
This month in Club Penguin: OPEN to Applications
Coming up in Club Penguin: OPEN to Applications
Comic Corner: CLOSED to Applications
This month on TNCPCP: OPEN to Applications
Graphic Artist*: OPEN to Applications
Jokes, Riddles and more!: CLOSED to Applications

* Please make sure you give examples when applying.

To apply, please fill in the following information:

• The position you are applying for
  • Examples (if needed for the position your are applying for)
  • Will you be able to submit the work in time?
Please post your application on this thread by the 25th of October 2012.

Launch Information
The Penguin Times is scheduled to launch on the 28th of October 2012. ALL open positions will close on the 25th of October 2012. Successful applicants must get their work in by 9PM BST on the 27th of October 2012.

FAQ

When is the first issue out?
Please refer to Launch Information for information regarding the launch of The Penguin Times.

The position I'd like to apply for is closed. When will it open?
Please watch this thread for details regarding when a postion opens. In the meantime, please feel free to apply for your second favourite position.

Sindar

Wow, another newsletter? We're pretty much filled up with these Razz Anyway, I won't be applying, as I already have a position on Nicktang's newsletter. Good luck with your paper Smile

Technically, I did, but then my mother told me stop all computer games, etc. until my exams stop. And literally nobody actually sent in their material.

I will be resuming the Penguin Express after my exams, but maybe not. Good luck for the Penguin Times! Very Happy
Nicktang10
Nicktang10
Bronze Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sindar Toffe 26/10/2012, 11:32 pm

Applications will remain open. We need some more applications before the first issue comes out. Smile

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask! Applications are now open until October 31st.

Sindar
Sindar Toffe
Sindar Toffe
CPB Worker

Back to top Go down

Post  totelyawsome 26/10/2012, 11:51 pm

I would like to be in the coming up in club penguin position but I already have a position Crying or Very sad
totelyawsome
totelyawsome
The Awesome One

Back to top Go down

Post  Sindar Toffe 27/10/2012, 12:42 pm

totelyawsome wrote:I would like to be in the coming up in club penguin position but I already have a position Crying or Very sad

Only one position has been handed out. What do you mean? This Month on TNCPCP is now closed to applications. This position has been taken.

Sindar
Sindar Toffe
Sindar Toffe
CPB Worker

Back to top Go down

Post  Ccpenguin8 27/10/2012, 4:51 pm

totelyawsome wrote:I would like to be in the coming up in club penguin position but I already have a position Crying or Very sad

What? Who? When? Where?

Guys, NOBODY can get a position unless you APPLY for it. You need to actually apply here, on this thread, because otherwise Sindar can't give you a position, since he doesn't know who wants pne. Wink
Ccpenguin8
Ccpenguin8
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicktang10 1/11/2012, 9:48 am

I've decided that I'll like to be the story corner author if the position is still open. Do I have to write CP Stories or can it be any story?
Nicktang10
Nicktang10
Bronze Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ccpenguin8 1/11/2012, 10:10 am

Nicktang10 wrote:I've decided that I'll like to be the story corner author if the position is still open. Do I have to write CP Stories or can it be any story?

The position is indeed still open. I think that although you can write any story, it must:

1) Be appropriate for ALL ages of forum members. TNCPCP aims to be family-friendly, and we wouldn't want to drive away potential readers because the stories were inappropriate, now would we?

2) Include SOME Club Penguin elements. Quite a lot of people these days write stories about, let's say, time travel to the moon (please don't use that as a story idea, because I based my most successful story EVER on that, and thus it would be copying), but they include some penguin characters. Although a completely off-topic story wouldn't be BAD, we are a newspaper about a Club Penguin forum.

3) If in doubt, refer to 'The Beginner's Guide to Writing Stories' (which, now I mention it, I must update).

Those are just my thoughts - you'd have to confirm it with Sindar. Good luck with your application. Smile
Ccpenguin8
Ccpenguin8
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sindar Toffe 1/11/2012, 2:48 pm

Nicktang10 wrote:I've decided that I'll like to be the story corner author if the position is still open. Do I have to write CP Stories or can it be any story?

No, I was thinking that you could post a snippet of a Club Penguin story with a link to the original thread. Positions are open until most are taken. Smile

Sindar
Sindar Toffe
Sindar Toffe
CPB Worker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sindar Toffe 12/11/2012, 10:18 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

santa STARTING DECEMBER 2012 santa

Attention all Penguins!

The Penguin Times is not dead! The Penguin Times will receive it's first issue in December; the first issue's theme will now be Christmas! We will have EXCLUSIVE sneak peeks of Club Penguin Blog and more! Stay tuned!

Positions will remain open until they are all filled. Smile

Sindar
Sindar Toffe
Sindar Toffe
CPB Worker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sindar Toffe 19/11/2012, 10:32 pm

The Penguin Times will not go ahead because of Club Penguin Blog; I'd like to focus on that to make sure it launches well and is a good blog.

Sorry to those looking forward to it, but I hope you are excited about the Blog!

Topic Locked.

Sindar
Sindar Toffe
Sindar Toffe
CPB Worker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down