Club Penguin Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Been a minute
Repeal The No Bumping & Double Posting Rule Empty3/5/2022, 7:21 am by totelyawsome

» does anyone else come back here every once in a while
Repeal The No Bumping & Double Posting Rule Empty20/2/2022, 7:46 am by totelyawsome

» Hey guys came here for a nostalgia trip
Repeal The No Bumping & Double Posting Rule Empty16/2/2019, 1:09 pm by Boo492

» HELLO? Anyone still alive?
Repeal The No Bumping & Double Posting Rule Empty22/1/2018, 3:36 am by totelyawsome

» Info
Repeal The No Bumping & Double Posting Rule Empty3/6/2017, 2:36 pm by Maygirl2

» Waddle On
Repeal The No Bumping & Double Posting Rule Empty30/3/2017, 10:45 am by Ccpenguin8

» MODDED ACCOUNTS FOR SALE
Repeal The No Bumping & Double Posting Rule Empty10/10/2016, 3:17 pm by MODDED ACCOUNTS

» the thread where you can talk if you get bored and look this dump up again
Repeal The No Bumping & Double Posting Rule Empty26/7/2016, 5:52 pm by Mango Smango

» Mod Application [Two TM positions opened]
Repeal The No Bumping & Double Posting Rule Empty4/7/2016, 9:00 pm by Ccpenguin8

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 27 on 9/10/2022, 11:21 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Repeal The No Bumping & Double Posting Rule

4 posters

Go down

Repeal The No Bumping & Double Posting Rule Empty Repeal The No Bumping & Double Posting Rule

Post  King Kane 16/8/2013, 10:55 am

First, Bumping is quite beneficial, actually.

It brings back older posts so newer people who haven't seen can reply to them! It's a useful tool if we're running low on new threads!

And: It's not a major crime like swearing or anything else! So: Why should it be wrong?

Next, double posting:

If it's for "updating", than it should be Legal. I mean, like a forum member said before, what's the point of editing the first post if no one's going to really look there? Updating with double, triple, and more posts is beneficial if you're planning a meet-up, party,
movie, etc.

If it's for expressing your opinion thrice, I guess that's okay.

Now, if you're just spamming links, that's spamming.

So, this is an idea, and the thread shouldn't be locked because It's an Idea and not a COmplaint. Okay?

KK
King Kane
King Kane
Monarch of Camelot

http://thetopic.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Repeal The No Bumping & Double Posting Rule Empty Re: Repeal The No Bumping & Double Posting Rule

Post  Sindar Toffe 16/8/2013, 11:03 am

Double posting is fine, and bumping is fine, but the thing is that most forums require at least 24 hours before the original poster can bump the thread, because instances occur on forums where people update their threads after waiting half an hour, or even a few minutes.

I like the 24 hour requirement, because I think that if you're updating things in less than 24 hours that isn't required and action should be taken against the account who did so like other forums do (definitely if it's less than 6 hours - that could be the limit), because double posting in less than 24 hours is usually considered as spam.

Sindar
Sindar Toffe
Sindar Toffe
CPB Worker

http://clubpenguinblog.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Repeal The No Bumping & Double Posting Rule Empty Re: Repeal The No Bumping & Double Posting Rule

Post  Ccpenguin8 16/8/2013, 11:35 am

You can double post as many times as you want - I even double post from time to time. Bumping is also generally OK, but these things are in place as precautions. Smile 

I completely understand what you're saying, and doing these things is fine in moderation, but if the rules were completely repealed, we wouldn't be able to ban people who flooded threads with loads of double posts, or people who bumped up hundreds of 2012 threads so the 2013 threads will vanish. Smile

Anyway, you seem to be an active campaigner to repeal forum rules and policies -- why not talk to Maygirl direct? She'd probably be better suited to help you, since she can edit the rules. Smile 

Thanks for your feedback! Smile

Ccpenguin
Ccpenguin8
Ccpenguin8
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

http://clubpenguinblog.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Breakthrough 17/8/2013, 4:31 am

I LOVE YOU KANE! .. 

1) Bumping doesnt matter. As long as it isnt redundant.. (i.e. [3:04:08] " Bump! " .. [3:08:12] " Bump ") And tbh if you do that.. you just are stupid.
Breakthrough
Breakthrough
Hall Of Fame

http://Google.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Breakthrough 17/8/2013, 4:33 am

2) Double posting doesnt matter. I dont see the point, 2 posts from different people look the same as 2 posts from the same person.. as long as they dont get redundant, (i.e. [3:04:08] " Bump! " .. [3:08:12] " Bump ") And tbh if you do that.. you just are stupid.

P.S. See what I did there? ; )
Breakthrough
Breakthrough
Hall Of Fame

http://Google.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down