Log in

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Hey guys came here for a nostalgia trip
7/9/2018, 6:00 pm by Gotchee

» HELLO? Anyone still alive?
22/1/2018, 3:36 am by totelyawsome

» Info
3/6/2017, 2:36 pm by Maygirl2

» Waddle On
30/3/2017, 10:45 am by Ccpenguin8

» MODDED ACCOUNTS FOR SALE
10/10/2016, 3:17 pm by MODDED ACCOUNTS

» the thread where you can talk if you get bored and look this dump up again
26/7/2016, 5:52 pm by Mango Smango

» Mod Application [Two TM positions opened]
4/7/2016, 9:00 pm by Ccpenguin8

» Happy 10th Birthday CP!
1/4/2016, 5:13 pm by Jet Pack Guy

» Merry Christmas!
25/12/2015, 10:29 pm by Ccpenguin8

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 17 on 23/10/2014, 9:01 pm
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search


My little survey

Go down

My little survey

Post  Ccpenguin8 on 15/8/2013, 12:24 pm

Hi everyone!

I've been receiving a lot of nice feedback from you guys recently -- some positive, some negative -- and in this thread, I want you to just let it all out! It can be positive or negative feedback..say whatever you want, as long as it's reasonably polite. Smile

This isn't official or anything like that, I just want you all to know that whilst Maygirl is my boss, so to speak, I WORK for you, and as a moderator and as a friend, I love to talk to you guys and to hear your opinions, because your opinions mean a lot! Smile 

I expect that I probably will get some negative feedback (which is good, because everyone and everything has room for improvement! Very Happy) so I've compiled a little FAQ for the most common negatives that I've received during my time here:



OK, I'll get this out of the way first, if you passionately hate me, read this: I sincerely hope that not many of you will read this, but it saddens me to know that some of you will. Well, I guess I have nothing else to say, other than I'm sorry for whatever made you feel that way, to be honest.




If you think X infraction I gave to X user was unfair/'tyrannical' (well, that word has been used once, for a warning) read this: Please understand that, contrary to popular belief, most moderators absolutely hate giving punishments, which means 9 times out of 10 I don't give one. Believe me, I've received an infraction on a forum before, and I cried all night. I thought something along the lines of "How cruel could that monstrosity of a moderator be?!" and I cried some more. I absolutely hated it. But a few months after, I myself became a moderator, and when I myself started giving infractions, I wasn't upset over that anymore. Because I understood that there was a clear reason for that infraction and that the moderator who gave it did exactly what I do now: think to myself 'What rules could have been broken? Why? Is giving a punishment necessary? What punishments have been given for this sort of thing in the past?' and only then do I make a decision. Still think it's unfair and tyrannical? Refer to our public appeals policy.

Also, if you're worried about the formal PM - don't worry. Seriously, these things were written months ago. Razz 



If you have something wrong with my general behaviour: Then I'm very sorry indeed. I try to operate with the highest ethical standards, and to be as friendly and helpful as I can - under the circumstances. Smile 




If you object to X announcement thread I wrote because of X issue: Moderators only tend to write these things because the community is worried/causing a panic about something and they want to reassure them that nothing will happen if we only stick together and forget about it etc. Some forums just block ban people, but we prefer official threads. Well, I think threads are better anyway.




If you want to say something positive: THANK YOU! You people are awesome and are the reason why I get up in the morning each day, and I'm proud to call you all my friends.




Also, remember that my mod work doesn't reflect my personal views. Smile

So, yeah, fire away! Tell me all your opinions! Very Happy

Your friend and moderator,
Ccpenguin

P.S Some of these might be passed on to Maygirl. Smile

XXXXXXXXXXXX
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Head of CPB Public Relations, and CPF Advertising Co-ordinator
2013 winner of the Best Penguin, Friendliest Penguin and Friendliest Moderator awards
2012 winner of the Friendliest Member, Favourite Member, Most Active Member, Best Posting Member and Best Moderator awards

Now a published author on the Kindle Store! Download my first eBook TODAY at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Creator and programmer of AIs and flash games
avatar
Ccpenguin8
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Posts : 2088
Join date : 2012-07-24
Age : 18
Location : United Kingdom

http://clubpenguinblog.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: My little survey

Post  Sindar Toffe on 15/8/2013, 12:41 pm

Ccpenguin8 = best moderator ever Very Happy
(FAR better than the mods on the non-CP forums I've been on in the past six years; please clone yourself so we can have you on every forum!)


  • Always acts fairly
  • He isn't too strict
  • Friendly
  • He cares about the community
  • You pretty much always count things that are against the rules (I'd say AT LEAST 97%), which is great because you are a human and expecting a 100% correct judgment isn't realistic.


Sindar Very Happy


Last edited by Sindar Toffe on 16/8/2013, 11:38 am; edited 3 times in total
avatar
Sindar Toffe
CPB Worker

Posts : 781
Join date : 2012-08-28
Age : 19
Location : United Kingdom

http://clubpenguinblog.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: My little survey

Post  Arctic DJ on 15/8/2013, 10:00 pm

I still don't know why you haven't been promoted to Administrator, Ccp. If Maygirl ever has to take a break or something, I think you could take care of CPF for a while.

Good work.
avatar
Arctic DJ
Citizen Penguin

Posts : 116
Join date : 2012-08-24
Age : 19
Location : Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: My little survey

Post  Breakthrough on 15/8/2013, 11:50 pm

To be honest, I think you are an okay moderator, But you arent Perfect, no one is, and frankly.. I don't see the point to this thread..
avatar
Breakthrough
Hall Of Fame

Posts : 249
Join date : 2012-08-24
Age : 19
Location : Oregon

http://Google.com

Back to top Go down

Re: My little survey

Post  RadioActivitii on 16/8/2013, 3:47 am

Want me to be honest? I don't think you're a good moderator.

You take things too 'far'
You get offended easily
You count things against the rules that aren't.

XXXXXXXXXXXX
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You may not feel important now, but during the rest of your life anything could happen. Whether it be good or bad, it will happen. Look forward for it.
avatar
RadioActivitii
Sir Awesomeness the 3rd

Posts : 177
Join date : 2012-09-11
Age : 18

Back to top Go down

Re: My little survey

Post  King Kane on 16/8/2013, 10:49 am

Cc, you're a great mod.

You're kind,

You're respectful

You keep CPF's honor

You help sort out issues

You sort out flame wars.

Very Happy 

Great job. Razz 

--
But: Everyone has some flaw:

RA is kind of right.

You do take things to a great extent.
The rules are "Flexible", like the U.S. Constituion, meaning they change to fit in whatever environment we are in.

And right now: We are in a great environment.

Therefore:

The rules can be a little more lenient.

Just some advice, my great super moderator and president!

 Very Happy 


9.1/10 Razz 

KK

XXXXXXXXXXXX
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

 

JOIN THIS EPIC GAME BY WOTTER RIGHT NOW!!!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]



Director of #TPA Movie

Join now!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
King Kane
Monarch of Camelot

Posts : 976
Join date : 2012-07-11
Age : 17
Location : East Coast, USA

http://thetopic.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Re: My little survey

Post  Ccpenguin8 on 16/8/2013, 7:13 pm

Sindar Toffe wrote:Ccpenguin8 = best moderator ever Very Happy
(FAR better than the mods on the non-CP forums I've been on in the past six years; please clone yourself so we can have you on every forum!)


  • Always acts fairly
  • He isn't too strict
  • Friendly
  • He cares about the community
  • You pretty much always count things that are against the rules (I'd say AT LEAST 97%), which is great because you are a human and expecting a 100% correct judgment isn't realistic.


Sindar Very Happy
Thank you for your continuing support, Sindar - that's very kind of you. Smile

Arctic DJ wrote:I still don't know why you haven't been promoted to Administrator, Ccp. If Maygirl ever has to take a break or something, I think you could take care of CPF for a while.

Good work.
Again, thanks for the feedback. I appreciate the gesture. Smile 

Breakthrough wrote:To be honest, I think you are an okay moderator, But you arent Perfect, no one is, and frankly.. I don't see the point to this thread..
Thanks for the feedback! And, nope, nobody is perfect - I agree with you. Smile 

Also, it's because I just want to gather people's opinions, since I get comments at random moments and it'd help me to adjust the way I work if I knew everyone's thoughts from one thread where they can let it out. Smile 

RadioActivitii wrote:Want me to be honest? I don't think you're a good moderator.

You take things too 'far'
You get offended easily
You count things against the rules that aren't.
And so we come to Lostie. I was actually looking forward to reading your response, believe it or not, because you're very open and honest. Thank you VERY much for your feedback! Smile

I thank you especially, because you have some criticism, which I will endeavour to respond to and to take on board:

1) I presume you're referring to the incidents on the chatbox where I clear it after something mildly inappropriate is said or something on certain topics (e.g religion, hacking etc) is said, to which you are invariably a witness. I clear that as a precautionary measure, because if the discussion continues further, it might result in a rule violation. Or, you might be referring to something I said or did last year when there were far more rule violations, which I honestly can't remember and I don't try to do now. Eitherway, I'll keep that in mind. Smile

2) Used to, because I'm human and sensitive. After a year of these messages, not so much anymore. But thanks anyway. Smile

3) I daresay that I will never hear the end of the incident in which I warned King Kane for quad-posting. I admit that I made a mistake and that in that instance I was wrong, hence the fact his appeal was, in the end, successful. I presume that's what you mean...? Smile

Thanks again for your feedback. Smile

King Kane wrote:Cc, you're a great mod.

You're kind,

You're respectful

You keep CPF's honor

You help sort out issues

You sort out flame wars.

Very Happy 

Great job. Razz 

--
But: Everyone has some flaw:

RA is kind of right.

You do take things to a great extent.
The rules are "Flexible", like the U.S. Constituion, meaning they change to fit in whatever environment we are in.

And right now: We are in a great environment.

Therefore:

The rules can be a little more lenient.

Just some advice, my great super moderator and president!

 Very Happy 


9.1/10 Razz 

KK
Thank you, KK, for your feedback. After the quad-posting incident, I'm trying to be more lenient hence the fact I didn't repeat my mistake by infracting you for quad-posting on the TPA thread. Smile

Thanks, also, for taking the time to give a rating. Smile

Your friend and moderator,
Ccpenguin

XXXXXXXXXXXX
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Head of CPB Public Relations, and CPF Advertising Co-ordinator
2013 winner of the Best Penguin, Friendliest Penguin and Friendliest Moderator awards
2012 winner of the Friendliest Member, Favourite Member, Most Active Member, Best Posting Member and Best Moderator awards

Now a published author on the Kindle Store! Download my first eBook TODAY at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Creator and programmer of AIs and flash games
avatar
Ccpenguin8
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Posts : 2088
Join date : 2012-07-24
Age : 18
Location : United Kingdom

http://clubpenguinblog.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: My little survey

Post  JackPirate45 on 16/8/2013, 7:53 pm

I've been trying to avoid telling you this for a month or so. I know that a lot of you will disagree with me, but let me state my point.

You are a great moderator.
You control all the spam
You're active
And you always sort wars out.

I agree with people that you are a great moderator, but not entirely. You are just in love with your job. You barely ever have time anymore. You're just taking this too far. Whenever I try to talk, it's either a short chat, or a long talk that ends on the topic of the forum. I just miss the times when I didn't have to think about saying anything, because I knew you had no power over me. You don't know how many things I've been wanting to tell you since I've joined. But I couldn't. I was just afraid of getting banned or something. I knew you're a strict moderator. Too strict in my opinion. I remember when I got banned once along with Lew and Gotchee because someone was pretending to be Maygirl. I just wish we could have carefree talks without thinking about the rules. I think you're doing a great job at moderating, but I'd want you to be a usual member more. Without all the 'Brb, checking the MDF' stuff.

You just don't know how many times I log on just to talk to you. As much as I'd love you to become an administrator, I'd hate you to have more duties. Just think about it. When did you last have a chat not focusing on the topic of CPF/CPB/Fluzzity?


You're a great mod, but I hate the fact that you are one.  There. I said it.

XXXXXXXXXXXX
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
JackPirate45
Bronze Penguin

Posts : 396
Join date : 2012-08-16
Age : 17
Location : My house.

Back to top Go down

Re: My little survey

Post  King Kane on 16/8/2013, 7:57 pm

JackPirate45 wrote:I've been trying to avoid telling you this for a month or so. I know that a lot of you will disagree with me, but let me state my point.

You are a great moderator.
You control all the spam
You're active
And you always sort wars out.

I agree with people that you are a great moderator, but not entirely. You are just in love with your job. You barely ever have time anymore. You're just taking this too far. Whenever I try to talk, it's either a short chat, or a long talk that ends on the topic of the forum. I just miss the times when I didn't have to think about saying anything, because I knew you had no power over me. You don't know how many things I've been wanting to tell you since I've joined. But I couldn't. I was just afraid of getting banned or something. I knew you're a strict moderator. Too strict in my opinion. I remember when I got banned once along with Lew and Gotchee because someone was pretending to be Maygirl. I just wish we could have carefree talks without thinking about the rules. I think you're doing a great job at moderating, but I'd want you to be a usual member more. Without all the 'Brb, checking the MDF' stuff.

You just don't know how many times I log on just to talk to you. As much as I'd love you to become an administrator, I'd hate you to have more duties. Just think about it. When did you last have a chat not focusing on the topic of CPF/CPB/Fluzzity?


You're a great mod, but I hate the fact that you are one.  There. I said it.
I get the same exact feeling sometimes. In fact, tons of times! :0

Don't worry, no one's gonna hate on you. We're all here to share our opinions.

~KK

XXXXXXXXXXXX
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

 

JOIN THIS EPIC GAME BY WOTTER RIGHT NOW!!!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]



Director of #TPA Movie

Join now!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
King Kane
Monarch of Camelot

Posts : 976
Join date : 2012-07-11
Age : 17
Location : East Coast, USA

http://thetopic.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Re: My little survey

Post  Sindar Toffe on 16/8/2013, 9:44 pm

Ccpenguin8 wrote:
Sindar Toffe wrote:Ccpenguin8 = best moderator ever Very Happy
(FAR better than the mods on the non-CP forums I've been on in the past six years; please clone yourself so we can have you on every forum!)


  • Always acts fairly
  • He isn't too strict
  • Friendly
  • He cares about the community
  • You pretty much always count things that are against the rules (I'd say AT LEAST 97%), which is great because you are a human and expecting a 100% correct judgment isn't realistic.


Sindar Very Happy
Thank you for your continuing support, Sindar - that's very kind of you. Smile

Your friend and moderator,
Ccpenguin
You're welcome Very Happy   You deserve it!

@JackPirate45 - That's odd; maybe you're just online when he's a little busy. Ccpenguin8 and I often talk about other things on the chatbox, and we even play a MMORPG outside of the forum together from time to time.

Sindar
avatar
Sindar Toffe
CPB Worker

Posts : 781
Join date : 2012-08-28
Age : 19
Location : United Kingdom

http://clubpenguinblog.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: My little survey

Post  Ccpenguin8 on 29/8/2013, 7:32 pm

JP:

You have an uncanny abillity to come online when I'm at my busiest point of the day. Razz 

I really do apologise for that. Unfortunately, being a moderator involves a lot of work, and therefore I send and receive a lot of PMs, read and write a lot of MDF and BSF threads, and I have to handle a lot of disputes. Then I have to answer users' questions and comments, if they give any, and make lots of new posts to keep the forum active.

Throw in having to check my emails, maintain my Twitter page, look at the other forums I'm a member of, look at the newspaper to check that the world hasn't ended yet, try and fulfill my responsibilities as a blogger, author, Head of Marketing and as a brother, then go for a walk in the real world to make sure that I don't die from lack of exercise, I'm a very busy person. Razz

Oh yeah, and I have to publish my newsletter every week. Razz

Anyway, when I finish my tasks, I love to chat to people, and I often do have CB conversations that last longer than an hour, and attend parties and even play an MMORPG with Sindar. It's all about the timing, really.

As for being worried that I'll ban you if you say something: that is seriously ridiculous, in my opinion. There is a small handfull of users who have huge infraction and ban records who I always read and re-read the Archives when I'm talking to them, and you can often find me with the rules open in another tab. That's just a precautionary measure anyway - 9 times out of 10 they don't actually do anything wrong, and I don't need to take any action.

But, you're a friendly, helpful, nice and relatively polite member, who follows the rules and has an almost spotless record. It is an absolute pleasure to talk to you, and I don't need to take those precautions. The only instance that I'd infract or ban you is if you quite blatantly break the rules repeatedly, which I doubt you'd do anyway. Smile

So, don't worry about that. Smile 




About that impersonation ban..did I really do that? I'm terribly sorry about all that...I probably had a good reason back then, but I seriously don't remember. Razz

Anyway, that was just a precautionary ban, from the sounds of things. It won't actually count against your record. Smile

XXXXXXXXXXXX
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Head of CPB Public Relations, and CPF Advertising Co-ordinator
2013 winner of the Best Penguin, Friendliest Penguin and Friendliest Moderator awards
2012 winner of the Friendliest Member, Favourite Member, Most Active Member, Best Posting Member and Best Moderator awards

Now a published author on the Kindle Store! Download my first eBook TODAY at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Creator and programmer of AIs and flash games
avatar
Ccpenguin8
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Posts : 2088
Join date : 2012-07-24
Age : 18
Location : United Kingdom

http://clubpenguinblog.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: My little survey

Post  King Kane on 30/8/2013, 5:26 am

I remember when you almost banned me because I said "I'll Ben" instead of "I'll BRB".

You went into panic mode 4000! Razz 

But that was serious. Razz 

I never log out, Cc! Razz

XXXXXXXXXXXX
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

 

JOIN THIS EPIC GAME BY WOTTER RIGHT NOW!!!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]



Director of #TPA Movie

Join now!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
King Kane
Monarch of Camelot

Posts : 976
Join date : 2012-07-11
Age : 17
Location : East Coast, USA

http://thetopic.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Re: My little survey

Post  Ccpenguin8 on 30/8/2013, 1:58 pm

King Kane wrote:I remember when you almost banned me because I said "I'll Ben" instead of "I'll BRB".

You went into panic mode 4000! Razz 

But that was serious. Razz 

I never log out, Cc! Razz
1) You said "I'm Ben" which was rather disturbing because there's a member here called Ben who caused major flame wars. 

2) I was never going to ban you - whilst I would've done that a while ago, right now I think that precautionary bans are just plain stupid. Razz 

I asked if it was you, and you went unresponsive, so I asked you a simple ID question, which you didn't answer, and then everyone else said "OMG he's been hacked" so I asked you again, and you still didn't answer, so...you see what I mean? Razz

So, don't worry. You were never going to get banned, it's just you didn't respond to some basic questions for 20 mins and then everyone was saying you were hacked, so I got a bit concerned. Smile 

Seriously, just because I get concerned about something doesn't mean that I'll start handing out bans and infractions like a traffic warden, so don't worry. Razz Razz 

I only ever ban if someone commits a major violation, or lots of violations. Smile 

Thank you for your feedback, albeit rather off-topic

Ccpenguin

XXXXXXXXXXXX
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Head of CPB Public Relations, and CPF Advertising Co-ordinator
2013 winner of the Best Penguin, Friendliest Penguin and Friendliest Moderator awards
2012 winner of the Friendliest Member, Favourite Member, Most Active Member, Best Posting Member and Best Moderator awards

Now a published author on the Kindle Store! Download my first eBook TODAY at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Creator and programmer of AIs and flash games
avatar
Ccpenguin8
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Posts : 2088
Join date : 2012-07-24
Age : 18
Location : United Kingdom

http://clubpenguinblog.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: My little survey

Post  King Kane on 30/8/2013, 4:24 pm

Ccpenguin8 wrote:
King Kane wrote:I remember when you almost banned me because I said "I'll Ben" instead of "I'll BRB".

You went into panic mode 4000! Razz 

But that was serious. Razz 

I never log out, Cc! Razz
1) You said "I'm Ben" which was rather disturbing because there's a member here called Ben who caused major flame wars. 

2) I was never going to ban you - whilst I would've done that a while ago, right now I think that precautionary bans are just plain stupid. Razz 

I asked if it was you, and you went unresponsive, so I asked you a simple ID question, which you didn't answer, and then everyone else said "OMG he's been hacked" so I asked you again, and you still didn't answer, so...you see what I mean? Razz

So, don't worry. You were never going to get banned, it's just you didn't respond to some basic questions for 20 mins and then everyone was saying you were hacked, so I got a bit concerned. Smile 

Seriously, just because I get concerned about something doesn't mean that I'll start handing out bans and infractions like a traffic warden, so don't worry. Razz Razz 

I only ever ban if someone commits a major violation, or lots of violations. Smile 

Thank you for your feedback, albeit rather off-topic

Ccpenguin
XD Cc. I went to the bathroom, ate breakfast. When I see this on my phone I am like WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED!?!?!

XD

Anyway, that's all over.

Right now, I think you're a great mod! Very Happy 10/10!! Very Happy

XXXXXXXXXXXX
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

 

JOIN THIS EPIC GAME BY WOTTER RIGHT NOW!!!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]



Director of #TPA Movie

Join now!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
King Kane
Monarch of Camelot

Posts : 976
Join date : 2012-07-11
Age : 17
Location : East Coast, USA

http://thetopic.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Re: My little survey

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum