Most users ever online was 17 on 23/10/2014, 9:01 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

ForumBot: CPF's very own AI robot!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ForumBot: CPF's very own AI robot!

Post  Ccpenguin8 on 4/5/2013, 12:39 pm

From the creator of Phinbot, the world's first Club Penguin AI, comes...

FORUMBOT

ForumBot is Club Penguin Forum's Artificial Intelligence. Have a question, but nobody is online to answer it? Talk to ForumBot, he has several phrases and words in his database. ForumBot works on all devices with JavaScript enabled.

THINGS YOU CAN SAY TO FORUMBOT
(Please copy exactly for ForumBot to understand)

I have a question about the forum.
Who are the staff members?
What are the sections on the forum?
I am a new member. What should I do?
What features are there on the forum?
How do I follow the forum on Twitter?
What ARE you?
You're like Siri!
You're friendly.
Want to play Club Penguin?
Go away!

-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Please report bugs to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. You can ask ForumBot 10 things per session - this is to stop the code running on forever. Once you have used all 10, start a new chat. Yes, I programmed ForumBot.

DISCLAIMER: ForumBot is not 100% official, and is only stickied because I feel that it will be very useful to you all. If you have a real problem, ask a staff member.

XXXXXXXXXXXX
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Head of CPB Public Relations, and CPF Advertising Co-ordinator
2013 winner of the Best Penguin, Friendliest Penguin and Friendliest Moderator awards
2012 winner of the Friendliest Member, Favourite Member, Most Active Member, Best Posting Member and Best Moderator awards

Now a published author on the Kindle Store! Download my first eBook TODAY at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Creator and programmer of AIs and flash games
Ccpenguin8
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

http://clubpenguinblog.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: ForumBot: CPF's very own AI robot!

Post  JackPirate45 on 12/5/2013, 12:07 pm

Just tested it. Works well. Although on my iPad the window with the text wouldn't go away so I had to restart Safari. Apart from that, it's a nice touch to the forum.
JackPirate45
Bronze Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ccpenguin8 on 12/5/2013, 12:21 pm

JackPirate45 wrote:Just tested it. Works well. Although on my iPad the window with the text wouldn't go away so I had to restart Safari. Apart from that, it's a nice touch to the forum.

Thanks a lot! It's programmed to display the text window 10 times to allow you to ask as many questions as you wish (10 is normally enough for most people) and then the program terminates itself. If it runs over 10, then there's probably some error with your iPad (maybe someone changed the Safari settings so that JavaScript would automatically repeat?). Smile

Ccpenguin
Lead developer, ForumBot

XXXXXXXXXXXX

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2013 winner of the Best Penguin, Friendliest Penguin and Friendliest Moderator awards
2012 winner of the Friendliest Member, Favourite Member, Most Active Member, Best Posting Member and Best Moderator awards

Now a published author on the Kindle Store! Download my first eBook TODAY at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Ccpenguin8
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  King Kane on 16/8/2013, 10:57 am

May I question this?

First, the robot almost killed my iPhone.

Next, if people are going to look at the Normal "CPF's beginner guide", why would they look here?

KK

XXXXXXXXXXXX

JOIN THIS EPIC GAME BY WOTTER RIGHT NOW!!!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Director of #TPA Movie

Join now!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
King Kane
Monarch of Camelot

http://thetopic.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sindar Toffe on 16/8/2013, 11:08 am

King Kane wrote:May I question this?

Next, if people are going to look at the Normal "CPF's beginner guide", why would they look here?

KK

1) I'm pretty sure that iPhones don't even have Java. If you're trying to say it's a virus, it isn't, all it is a bit of Java script.
2) The more, the merrier. Also, it is good for Ccpenguin8 to develop his programming skills.

Sindar
Sindar Toffe
CPB Worker

Back to top Go down

Post  King Kane on 16/8/2013, 11:10 am

Sindar Toffe wrote:

KK
1) I'm pretty sure that iPhones don't even have Java. If you're trying to say it's a virus, it isn't, all it is a bit of Java script.
2) The more, the merrier. Also, it is good for Ccpenguin8 to develop his programming skills.

Sindar
Well, it's not a virus. It's just that I couldn't cancel out the screen, and I could barely access my Iphone. Finally, I got the thing to stop.

2) You should add more features to this!! Smile

XXXXXXXXXXXX

JOIN THIS EPIC GAME BY WOTTER RIGHT NOW!!!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Director of #TPA Movie

Join now!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
King Kane
Monarch of Camelot

http://thetopic.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sindar Toffe on 16/8/2013, 11:13 am

King Kane wrote:
Sindar Toffe wrote:

KK

Sindar
Well, it's not a virus. It's just that I couldn't cancel out the screen, and I could barely access my Iphone. Finally, I got the thing to stop.

Oh, well that's probably because the iPhone can't run it because iPhones don't have Java (I'm pretty sure they don't)

2) Yeah, it is great and it would be even better if more features are added Smile

Sindar
Sindar Toffe
CPB Worker

Back to top Go down

Post  Ccpenguin8 on 16/8/2013, 11:49 am

KK
Firstly, thank you for posting on this, I thought it had been completely forgotten. Razz

Secondly, I presume you mean by 'killed' that it kept going on and on, right? Well, the code for ForumBot is based upon an original JS bot which I invented for a site called CPK - this bot was called Phinbot. Now, the owner of that site said that it was annoying because you could only ask one question, then it terminated itself. So, I set it to ask if you wanted to say something 10 times, and then terminate. Just keep tapping OK and it'll terminate. Smile

Don't worry, it has no lasting effect on your phone. I'm adding an 'exit' command in the next update. Smile 

2) Good question. Well, some people prefer to 'ask' their questions and then have them 'answered' instead of just reading hundreds of guides, so this bot is for them, really. Smile 

Sindar Toffe wrote:

KK

Sindar
1) They do, as explained above. Smile
2) Yep, it was a very fun JS project to do. Smile 

King Kane wrote:
Sindar Toffe wrote:

KK

Sindar

1) See above.
2) I'm working on it. Smile

Sindar Toffe wrote:
King Kane wrote:
Sindar Toffe wrote:

KK

Sindar

Oh, well that's probably because the iPhone can't run it because iPhones don't have Java (I'm pretty sure they don't)

2) Yeah, it is great and it would be even better if more features are added Smile

Sindar
Very Happy

Thanks for your feedback,

Ccpenguin Smile

XXXXXXXXXXXX

Ccpenguin8
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sindar Toffe on 16/8/2013, 3:10 pm

Yay! I can't wait for the new features :)Do you have an expected release date yet?

Sindar
Sindar Toffe
CPB Worker

Back to top Go down

Post  Ccpenguin8 on 16/8/2013, 3:15 pm

I'm not sure, Sindar. Wednesday, ish? All it'll be is a few new commands and questions, though.

Ccpenguin Smile

XXXXXXXXXXXX

Ccpenguin8
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sindar Toffe on 16/8/2013, 3:27 pm

Ccpenguin8 wrote:I'm not sure, Sindar. Wednesday, ish? All it'll be is a few new commands and questions, though.

Ccpenguin Smile
Sounds good! It's a very creative way to help new users Smile

Sindar
Sindar Toffe
CPB Worker

Back to top Go down

Post  Ccpenguin8 on 28/8/2013, 10:40 am

Thanks, Sindar! (if you're reading this)

I urge you to stick around for the new update, which will indeed be released today. (Although I'm on holiday, I can do some coding if it'll help the forum) 

UPDATE WILL INCLUDE:
New phrases;
New commands;
Bug fixes.

XXXXXXXXXXXX

Ccpenguin8
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: