Club Penguin Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Been a minute
Letter from the Queen! Empty3/5/2022, 7:21 am by totelyawsome

» does anyone else come back here every once in a while
Letter from the Queen! Empty20/2/2022, 7:46 am by totelyawsome

» Hey guys came here for a nostalgia trip
Letter from the Queen! Empty16/2/2019, 1:09 pm by Boo492

» HELLO? Anyone still alive?
Letter from the Queen! Empty22/1/2018, 3:36 am by totelyawsome

» Info
Letter from the Queen! Empty3/6/2017, 2:36 pm by Maygirl2

» Waddle On
Letter from the Queen! Empty30/3/2017, 10:45 am by Ccpenguin8

» MODDED ACCOUNTS FOR SALE
Letter from the Queen! Empty10/10/2016, 3:17 pm by MODDED ACCOUNTS

» the thread where you can talk if you get bored and look this dump up again
Letter from the Queen! Empty26/7/2016, 5:52 pm by Mango Smango

» Mod Application [Two TM positions opened]
Letter from the Queen! Empty4/7/2016, 9:00 pm by Ccpenguin8

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 27 on 9/10/2022, 11:21 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Letter from the Queen!

4 posters

Go down

Letter from the Queen! Empty Letter from the Queen!

Post  Ccpenguin8 9/11/2012, 8:36 pm

Yep, you heard it right. Yesterday evening, my mum handed me a letter. As always, I just thought it was a regular letter. Then I saw the postmark: Buckingham Palace. I held it up to the light, and saw the letters: ER (Elizabeth Reign) on the front. I quickly looked at the back. I saw the Lion and the Unicorn.

I was so excited! I carefully opened the envelope, and inside there were two things:

1) A special card with 6 pictures of all 6 decades of which Her Majesty has been on the throne.

2) A letter written on headed Buckingham Palace, which was something along the lines of:

"Thank you for your kind words of loyalty on the occasion of my Diamond Jubilee. Signed, Elizabeth R."

What do you think? Have you ever received a letter from the Queen/President (Americans)
Ccpenguin8
Ccpenguin8
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

http://clubpenguinblog.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Letter from the Queen! Empty Re: Letter from the Queen!

Post  Gotchee 9/11/2012, 9:12 pm

Ccpenguin8 wrote:Yep, you heard it right. Yesterday evening, my mum handed me a letter. As always, I just thought it was a regular letter. Then I saw the postmark: Buckingham Palace. I held it up to the light, and saw the letters: ER (Elizabeth Reign) on the front. I quickly looked at the back. I saw the Lion and the Unicorn.

I was so excited! I carefully opened the envelope, and inside there were two things:

1) A special card with 6 pictures of all 6 decades of which Her Majesty has been on the throne.

2) A letter written on headed Buckingham Palace, which was something along the lines of:

"Thank you for your kind words of loyalty on the occasion of my Diamond Jubilee. Signed, Elizabeth R."

What do you think? Have you ever received a letter from the Queen/President (Americans)

Not trying to be rude or something, but probably the entire population of England got that letter. I wouldn't consider it that special, If I were you. However, the stamp is collectible, so I would keep it Razz As for the signature, it's probably printed. If it's not, then you're lucky. Smile

Also, no, I haven't any letter of that sort '' I don't think our politicians would bother to do that ''.
Gotchee
Gotchee
The Boogeyman

http://Elitehacksforce.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JackPirate45 9/11/2012, 9:21 pm

Congrats. I never got any letter of that sort due to a few reasons.
1) I never bothered to write to anyone.
2) The countries I lived in have terrible politicians.
3) The country I live in now, has terrible politicians.

Gotchee wrote:

Also, no, I haven't any letter of that sort '' I don't think our politicians would bother to do that ''.

True...
JackPirate45
JackPirate45
Bronze Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mango Smango 9/11/2012, 10:39 pm

Cool! I have never gotten a letter from the president, but one year my class got one! I never wrote a letter to the president, so I dont think I will ever get one.
Mango Smango
Mango Smango
Bronze Penguin

http://clubpenguincheatsbymangosmango.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ccpenguin8 10/11/2012, 10:19 am

Gotchee wrote:
Ccpenguin8 wrote:Yep, you heard it right. Yesterday evening, my mum handed me a letter. As always, I just thought it was a regular letter. Then I saw the postmark: Buckingham Palace. I held it up to the light, and saw the letters: ER (Elizabeth Reign) on the front. I quickly looked at the back. I saw the Lion and the Unicorn.

Not trying to be rude or something, but probably the entire population of England got that letter. I wouldn't consider it that special, If I were you. However, the stamp is collectible, so I would keep it Razz As for the signature, it's probably printed. If it's not, then you're lucky. Smile

...yeah. There are 66 million people residing in the UK, so it was only sent to people who actually wrote to the Queen (I did in June). As for a printed signature, due to personal circumstances, I happen to know that it's real. (Please DO NOT ask me why.)

As for politicians not being bothered to, the Queen is NOT a politician. The Queen is a monarch. She is completely politically neutral, she handles her own 'fan mail', she goes around shaking people's hands because she wants to, and she signs government papers on the advice of the politicians, but it's still her choice. Regardless of who the UK Prime Minister is, the Queen (or King, if the Queen dies) will always be there, and will always have a Correspondence Dept. to handle letters and write back.

JackPirate45 wrote:Congrats. I never got any letter of that sort due to a few reasons.
1) I never bothered to write to anyone.
2) The countries I lived in have terrible politicians.
3) The country I live in now, has terrible politicians.

Gotchee wrote:

Well, to 1) I would, if I were you. It's a great experience. Granted, it took 5 months for me to get a reply, but it's still a great thing to do if you have any spare time.

2 and 3) Ditto what I said above. The Queen is not a politician. Very Happy

True...

Mango Smango wrote:Cool! I have never gotten a letter from the president, but one year my class got one! I never wrote a letter to the president, so I dont think I will ever get one.

Wow. Congratulations to your class. Which President was it?

Anyway, now is a great time to write to the US President. You could perhaps congratulate him on winning the election, or something? Very Happy

In the UK, on your 60th wedding anniversary and your 100th, 105th birthdays (and all birthdays after that), the Queen personally sends you a handwritten telegram (old fashioned card/letter communication system). So, if you think you're going to live a long time, then maybe in about 80/90 years you'll get a letter from the President anyway! Very Happy
Ccpenguin8
Ccpenguin8
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

http://clubpenguinblog.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Mango Smango 12/11/2012, 10:41 pm

It was president Obama. I think we got it because we were doing buisness letters in writing and someone must have written to the president. But I dont really remember, it was a long time ago. Smile
Mango Smango
Mango Smango
Bronze Penguin

http://clubpenguincheatsbymangosmango.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum