Log in

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» HELLO? Anyone still alive?
15/7/2017, 4:26 am by Arctic DJ

» Info
3/6/2017, 2:36 pm by Maygirl2

» Waddle On
30/3/2017, 10:45 am by Ccpenguin8

» MODDED ACCOUNTS FOR SALE
10/10/2016, 3:17 pm by MODDED ACCOUNTS

» the thread where you can talk if you get bored and look this dump up again
26/7/2016, 5:52 pm by Mango Smango

» Mod Application [Two TM positions opened]
4/7/2016, 9:00 pm by Ccpenguin8

» Happy 10th Birthday CP!
1/4/2016, 5:13 pm by Jet Pack Guy

» Merry Christmas!
25/12/2015, 10:29 pm by Ccpenguin8

» I miss y'all =(
25/10/2015, 2:52 am by King Kane

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 17 on 23/10/2014, 9:01 pm
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search


Rememberance Day.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rememberance Day.

Post  Ccpenguin8 on 9/11/2012, 8:29 pm

Every year on the 11th November, at 11:11 AM, GMT, we here in the UK (or at least everyone that can be bothered to) take a moment of silence in rememberance of all the soldiers that died for Britain in WWI (also WWII, but it was set up for WWI). We also wear poppies on the week leading up to it. The poppies are sold everywhere, from trainstations to shops, from workplaces to schools. I personally bought mine at the Houses of Parliament. All the proceeds go to a special charity which looks after soldiers, and makes the poppies. Today at school we had our moment of silence. The headmaster dressed up in a fancy coat, and three people played solemn tunes on the trumpet.

Do you have something similar in your country? Post! (Or of course, if you happen to be Sindar and live in the UK, what did you do for Rememberance Day?)


Last edited by Ccpenguin8 on 10/11/2012, 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total

XXXXXXXXXXXX
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | My Twitter | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Head of CPB Public Relations, and CPF Advertising Co-ordinator
2013 winner of the Best Penguin, Friendliest Penguin and Friendliest Moderator awards
2012 winner of the Friendliest Member, Favourite Member, Most Active Member, Best Posting Member and Best Moderator awards

Now a published author on the Kindle Store! Download my first eBook TODAY at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Creator and programmer of AIs and flash games
avatar
Ccpenguin8
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Posts : 2088
Join date : 2012-07-24
Age : 17
Location : United Kingdom

http://clubpenguinblog.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Rememberance Day.

Post  Gotchee on 9/11/2012, 9:09 pm

Ccpenguin8 wrote:Every year on the 11th September, at 11:11 AM, GMT, we here in the UK (or at least everyone that can be bothered to) take a moment of silence in rememberance of all the soldiers that died for Britain in WWI (also WWII, but it was set up for WWI). We also wear poppies on the week leading up to it. The poppies are sold everywhere, from trainstations to shops, from workplaces to schools. I personally bought mine at the Houses of Parliament. All the proceeds go to a special charity which looks after soldiers, and makes the poppies. Today at school we had our moment of silence. The headmaster dressed up in a fancy coat, and three people played solemn tunes on the trumpet.

Do you have something similar in your country? Post! (Or of course, if you happen to be Sindar and live in the UK, what did you do for Rememberance Day?)

Yes, we do something similar in our country, although we actually celebrate the day war was declared to our country. Weird, isn't it? We lose an entire day of school Smile

XXXXXXXXXXXX
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  <----- this is a cyclops
avatar
Gotchee
The Boogeyman

Posts : 774
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 19
Location : The Imperial Province

http://Elitehacksforce.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Rememberance Day.

Post  JackPirate45 on 9/11/2012, 9:24 pm

Here, in this dump we also have something like that. It's called the Independence Day, and it's the day during which *CENSORED* got it's independence back. Boring and long story we got told at school. We will be celebrating it on Monday. All we'll do is have normal lessons. Nothing special.
avatar
JackPirate45
Bronze Penguin

Posts : 396
Join date : 2012-08-16
Age : 16
Location : My house.

Back to top Go down

Re: Rememberance Day.

Post  Mango Smango on 9/11/2012, 10:37 pm

JackPirate45 wrote:Here, in this dump we also have something like that. It's called the Independence Day, and it's the day during which *CENSORED* got it's independence back. Boring and long story we got told at school. We will be celebrating it on Monday. All we'll do is have normal lessons. Nothing special.
Isn't Independene day on July 4th? I think you live in America too, but I might be wrong. In the US Veterans day is on Monday. It is to honor people who fought in the war. I usually have no school for it, but for some reason this year my school dosen't have it off Sad.

XXXXXXXXXXXX

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url][/img]
Club Penguin Player Since May 28, 2007
My Site! My Twitter My Youtube
avatar
Mango Smango
Bronze Penguin

Posts : 326
Join date : 2012-08-26
Age : 18
Location : USA

http://clubpenguincheatsbymangosmango.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Rememberance Day.

Post  Breakthrough on 10/11/2012, 4:56 am

Veterans Day in America is on the eleventh day of the eleventh month.. to continue to the eleventh minute of the eleventh hour on November 11th. This Sunday. It is observed however on the 12th, therefore we get a day from school Smile.
avatar
Breakthrough
Hall Of Fame

Posts : 249
Join date : 2012-08-24
Age : 18
Location : Oregon

http://Google.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Rememberance Day.

Post  Ccpenguin8 on 10/11/2012, 10:08 am

Gotchee wrote:
Ccpenguin8 wrote:Every year on the 11th November, at 11:11 AM, GMT, we here in the UK (or at least everyone that can be bothered to) take a moment of silence in rememberance of all the soldiers that died for Britain in WWI (also WWII, but it was set up for WWI). We also wear poppies on the week leading up to it. The poppies are sold everywhere, from trainstations to shops, from workplaces to schools. I personally bought mine at the Houses of Parliament. All the proceeds go to a special charity which looks after soldiers, and makes the poppies. Today at school we had our moment of silence. The headmaster dressed up in a fancy coat, and three people played solemn tunes on the trumpet.

Do you have something similar in your country? Post! (Or of course, if you happen to be Sindar and live in the UK, what did you do for Rememberance Day?)

Yes, we do something similar in our country, although we actually celebrate the day war was declared to our country. Weird, isn't it? We lose an entire day of school Smile

You celebrate war? That's...uhhh...interesting. I'm sure you have a lot of, um, fun. We celebrate peace, and look back on all the soldiers who died in the World Wars in the defence of our country.

JackPirate45 wrote:Here, in this dump we also have something like that. It's called the Independence Day, and it's the day during which *CENSORED* got it's independence back. Boring and long story we got told at school. We will be celebrating it on Monday. All we'll do is have normal lessons. Nothing special.

*CENSORED*!? Did you say my name!? Razz Razz

Anyway, we don't have a day off, but we lose 25 minutes of Maths for a 'moment' of silence on the playing fields. I, being a very patriotic penguin, would love to hear the story of how the UK single-handedly liberated Poland - you're lucky! (Just kidding, just kidding. I am very patriotic but I don't want to start any arguments. All the countries in WWII helped liberate Poland from Hitler. If I know my History, I think you're talking about WWII)

Mango Smango wrote:
JackPirate45 wrote:Here, in this dump we also have something like that. It's called the Independence Day, and it's the day during which *CENSORED* got it's independence back. Boring and long story we got told at school. We will be celebrating it on Monday. All we'll do is have normal lessons. Nothing special.
Isn't Independene day on July 4th? I think you live in America too, but I might be wrong. In the US Veterans day is on Monday. It is to honor people who fought in the war. I usually have no school for it, but for some reason this year my school dosen't have it off Sad.

As far as I'm aware, JackPirate45 moved from California to Poland in September. So, no, he's no longer an American. He's probably talking about a Polish Independence Day. Smile

Breakthrough wrote:Veterans Day in America is on the eleventh day of the eleventh month.. to continue to the eleventh minute of the eleventh hour on November 11th. This Sunday. It is observed however on the 12th, therefore we get a day from school Smile.

That's very similar then to the UK Rememberance Day. We also remember all our war veterans, and celebrate peace. It also takes place on November 11th, at 11:11 AM too. (Sorry I said September, that was a typo. I'll correct it.)

It's quite interesting how the US/UK share all these events. (Halloween, Veterans/Rememberance Day, etc.)

XXXXXXXXXXXX
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | My Twitter | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Head of CPB Public Relations, and CPF Advertising Co-ordinator
2013 winner of the Best Penguin, Friendliest Penguin and Friendliest Moderator awards
2012 winner of the Friendliest Member, Favourite Member, Most Active Member, Best Posting Member and Best Moderator awards

Now a published author on the Kindle Store! Download my first eBook TODAY at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Creator and programmer of AIs and flash games
avatar
Ccpenguin8
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Posts : 2088
Join date : 2012-07-24
Age : 17
Location : United Kingdom

http://clubpenguinblog.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Rememberance Day.

Post  Gotchee on 10/11/2012, 11:58 am

Ccpenguin8 wrote:
Gotchee wrote:
Ccpenguin8 wrote:Every year on the 11th November, at 11:11 AM, GMT, we here in the UK (or at least everyone that can be bothered to) take a moment of silence in rememberance of all the soldiers that died for Britain in WWI (also WWII, but it was set up for WWI). We also wear poppies on the week leading up to it. The poppies are sold everywhere, from trainstations to shops, from workplaces to schools. I personally bought mine at the Houses of Parliament. All the proceeds go to a special charity which looks after soldiers, and makes the poppies. Today at school we had our moment of silence. The headmaster dressed up in a fancy coat, and three people played solemn tunes on the trumpet.

Do you have something similar in your country? Post! (Or of course, if you happen to be Sindar and live in the UK, what did you do for Rememberance Day?)

Yes, we do something similar in our country, although we actually celebrate the day war was declared to our country. Weird, isn't it? We lose an entire day of school Smile

You celebrate war? That's...uhhh...interesting. I'm sure you have a lot of, um, fun. We celebrate peace, and look back on all the soldiers who died in the World Wars in the defence of our country.

JackPirate45 wrote:Here, in this dump we also have something like that. It's called the Independence Day, and it's the day during which *CENSORED* got it's independence back. Boring and long story we got told at school. We will be celebrating it on Monday. All we'll do is have normal lessons. Nothing special.

*CENSORED*!? Did you say my name!? Razz Razz

Anyway, we don't have a day off, but we lose 25 minutes of Maths for a 'moment' of silence on the playing fields. I, being a very patriotic penguin, would love to hear the story of how the UK single-handedly liberated Poland - you're lucky! (Just kidding, just kidding. I am very patriotic but I don't want to start any arguments. All the countries in WWII helped liberate Poland from Hitler. If I know my History, I think you're talking about WWII)

Mango Smango wrote:
JackPirate45 wrote:Here, in this dump we also have something like that. It's called the Independence Day, and it's the day during which *CENSORED* got it's independence back. Boring and long story we got told at school. We will be celebrating it on Monday. All we'll do is have normal lessons. Nothing special.
Isn't Independene day on July 4th? I think you live in America too, but I might be wrong. In the US Veterans day is on Monday. It is to honor people who fought in the war. I usually have no school for it, but for some reason this year my school dosen't have it off Sad.

As far as I'm aware, JackPirate45 moved from California to Poland in September. So, no, he's no longer an American. He's probably talking about a Polish Independence Day. Smile

Breakthrough wrote:Veterans Day in America is on the eleventh day of the eleventh month.. to continue to the eleventh minute of the eleventh hour on November 11th. This Sunday. It is observed however on the 12th, therefore we get a day from school Smile.

That's very similar then to the UK Rememberance Day. We also remember all our war veterans, and celebrate peace. It also takes place on November 11th, at 11:11 AM too. (Sorry I said September, that was a typo. I'll correct it.)

It's quite interesting how the US/UK share all these events. (Halloween, Veterans/Rememberance Day, etc.)

No, you don't get it. We don't celebrate war itself. We celebrate because we successfully defended out country from Italy, and we even actually advanced sbout 100 km into Albania, which was conquered by Italy ( 100 km's may not sound much, but it is. Italy was a superpower in Europe these days, so it was a pretty good effort. ) Until the nazis came, of course.
avatar
Gotchee
The Boogeyman

Posts : 774
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 19
Location : The Imperial Province

http://Elitehacksforce.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Rememberance Day.

Post  Sindar Toffe on 10/11/2012, 4:07 pm

Because the 11th of November is on a Sunday this year we didn't have a moment of silence, but we did have a Remembrance Day assembly.

Sindar
avatar
Sindar Toffe
CPB Worker

Posts : 781
Join date : 2012-08-28
Age : 18
Location : United Kingdom

http://clubpenguinblog.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Rememberance Day.

Post  Flippy1899 on 3/12/2012, 2:46 am

Maybe we could have a day to have a moment of silence for the old forums?
avatar
Flippy1899
NewbiePenguin

Posts : 20
Join date : 2012-09-23
Age : 17
Location : Where you find food, you find me

Back to top Go down

Re: Rememberance Day.

Post  Nicktang10 on 3/12/2012, 3:22 pm

Perhaps, we could. The only problem is that there may be new members coming in and posting.

Good suggestion, though. Maybe we can do it on August 26, the day CPCP officially came to an end
avatar
Nicktang10
Bronze Penguin

Posts : 319
Join date : 2012-08-06
Age : 16
Location : Singapore

Back to top Go down

Re: Rememberance Day.

Post  Sky Blue on 3/12/2012, 3:25 pm

Nicktang10 wrote:Perhaps, we could. The only problem is that there may be new members coming in and posting.

Good suggestion, though. Maybe we can do it on August 26, the day CPCP officially came to an end

Yes, maybe the might be the right date. We would have a moment of silence to remember the good old CPCP times.
avatar
Sky Blue
Citizen Penguin

Posts : 128
Join date : 2012-11-14
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Rememberance Day.

Post  Ccpenguin8 on 3/12/2012, 8:10 pm

We'll have new members who may not know about the old forums. Besides, aren't we trying to be independent now, anyway?

Nice suggestion - I'll pass it on.

XXXXXXXXXXXX
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | My Twitter | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Head of CPB Public Relations, and CPF Advertising Co-ordinator
2013 winner of the Best Penguin, Friendliest Penguin and Friendliest Moderator awards
2012 winner of the Friendliest Member, Favourite Member, Most Active Member, Best Posting Member and Best Moderator awards

Now a published author on the Kindle Store! Download my first eBook TODAY at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Creator and programmer of AIs and flash games
avatar
Ccpenguin8
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Posts : 2088
Join date : 2012-07-24
Age : 17
Location : United Kingdom

http://clubpenguinblog.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Rememberance Day.

Post  totelyawsome on 4/12/2012, 12:11 am

Nicktang10 wrote:Perhaps, we could. The only problem is that there may be new members coming in and posting.

Good suggestion, though. Maybe we can do it on August 26, the day CPCP officially came to an end
It is very sad. Even more sadly it was the month of my birthday Crying or Very sad

XXXXXXXXXXXX
totelyawsome. a member of tncpcpf who likes spongebob  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
totelyawsome
The Awesome One

Posts : 435
Join date : 2012-08-26
Age : 14
Location : mars

Back to top Go down

Re: Rememberance Day.

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum