Most users ever online was 17 on 23/10/2014, 9:01 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

We need to help

View previous topic View next topic Go down

We need to help

Post  Stringman620 on 9/9/2012, 5:17 pm

Guys I love this forum, but look at cpcp's forum, we need to at least try to help out. We can still hang here and stuff but cpcp was our home and now it's being destroyed by spambots, I encourage you to look at it. I still want this to be our hang out place, butat least try to help out. Here is the link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Stringman620
NewbiePenguin

Back to top Go down

Re: We need to help

Post  Boo492 on 9/9/2012, 5:33 pm

Stringman, to be honest, I really think there is absolutely nothing we can do but stand back and watch the destruction of our old home. What can we do? Post pointless threads and make countless reports on spam bots? I'm sorry but as I said it's pointless to go back.
Boo492
Training Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Gotchee on 9/9/2012, 5:33 pm

Stringman, we do want to hang out there, but we CANT. When a new thread is made, about a gazillion spambots destroy it. We simply need some super-mod accounts to clear the forum from the bots!

P.S

Chrisdog doesn't care about the forums anymore, isn't it obvious. If he did, he would've cleared it from the bots, hire new staff and put some decent protection.

Last edited by Gotchee on 9/9/2012, 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

XXXXXXXXXXXX
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  <----- this is a cyclops
Gotchee
The Boogeyman

http://Elitehacksforce.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Stringman620 on 9/9/2012, 5:36 pm

But maybe I could get Christine to get in touch with chrisdog because I can't stand seeing the forum in that condition
Stringman620
NewbiePenguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gotchee on 9/9/2012, 5:40 pm

Dude, the truth is that Chrisdog doesn't really care about Club Penguin anymore.

Look at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Do you see any Chrisdog posts around? NOPE. The only thing Chrisdog does is to check the site every once in a while to see if things are OK. Generaly, he QUIT CP, he DOESNT CARE about the forum anymore!

I really want to go back, but it is simply impossible unless we get a super-mod or something.

Maybe you could get Christine GIVE YOU her account ? That would help.

XXXXXXXXXXXX
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  <----- this is a cyclops
Gotchee
The Boogeyman

Back to top Go down

Post  Ccpenguin8 on 9/9/2012, 8:09 pm

1) Christine has quit.

2) The CPCP forum has 150+ pages of spam in total.

3) Both Chrisdog and andyh2 are uninterested in the forum.

4) All the CPCP moderators that can do anything about this are inactive.

5) I still do go on CPCP and I do occasionally post there, but what I do post is quickly drowned out by all the spam.

6) We're settling in here quite well and I'd like to think that the TNCPCP moderators (myself included) are doing quite a good job when it comes to spam prevention.

7) Even though it is CPCP, no external link advertising, please.

Ccpenguin Smile

XXXXXXXXXXXX
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | My Twitter | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Head of CPB Public Relations, and CPF Advertising Co-ordinator
2013 winner of the Best Penguin, Friendliest Penguin and Friendliest Moderator awards
2012 winner of the Friendliest Member, Favourite Member, Most Active Member, Best Posting Member and Best Moderator awards

Now a published author on the Kindle Store! Download my first eBook TODAY at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Creator and programmer of AIs and flash games
Ccpenguin8
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

http://clubpenguinblog.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sindar Toffe on 9/9/2012, 9:01 pm

I can't do anything about it because I'm only a Mod on there and Mods cannot delete topics. Sad

I'm sad to say that there is nothing we can do.... People are probably going to stay here too so we might as well get used to this forum. Smile

Sindar
Sindar Toffe
CPB Worker

Back to top Go down

Post  Gotchee on 9/9/2012, 9:07 pm

Sindar Toffe wrote:I can't do anything about it because I'm only a Mod on there and Mods cannot delete topics. Sad

I'm sad to say that there is nothing we can do.... People are probably going to stay here too so we might as well get used to this forum. Smile

Sindar

I totally agree.

My idea is that maybe we could get Christine to give us her account ( She has quit after all, and she can change the password so she doesn't think we're gonna leak her or something. )

Using her account we could ban the bots and delete the spam!

XXXXXXXXXXXX
Gotchee
The Boogeyman

Back to top Go down

Post  totelyawsome on 9/9/2012, 11:56 pm

Gotchee wrote:
Sindar Toffe wrote:I can't do anything about it because I'm only a Mod on there and Mods cannot delete topics. Sad

Sindar

I totally agree.

My idea is that maybe we could get Christine to give us her account ( She has quit after all, and she can change the password so she doesn't think we're gonna leak her or something. )

2 things
1. do you really think she would give us her account?
2. how would you contact her?
it is really hopeless. that forum is DEAD.its a good thing we even have this one
totelyawsome
The Awesome One

Back to top Go down

Post  Ccpenguin8 on 10/9/2012, 10:24 am

totelyawsome wrote:
Gotchee wrote:

Sindar

I totally agree.

2 things
1. do you really think she would give us her account?
2. how would you contact her?
it is really hopeless. that forum is DEAD.its a good thing we even have this one

1) She may do.
2) She listed her Skype, AIM and Twitter on her leaving thread.

XXXXXXXXXXXX

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | My Twitter | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2013 winner of the Best Penguin, Friendliest Penguin and Friendliest Moderator awards
2012 winner of the Friendliest Member, Favourite Member, Most Active Member, Best Posting Member and Best Moderator awards

Now a published author on the Kindle Store! Download my first eBook TODAY at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Ccpenguin8
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Maygirl2 on 10/9/2012, 10:48 am

One thing that has been bugging me forever, is that Chrisdog PAYS for the website [well technically his parents do, cause he is a colledge drop out, but still] and he doesn't use it. Why can't he just cancel the payment? Imma gonna answer my own question here.

vBulliten offers year lasting payments, renewed every singe year. Think about it, the last time he went online was approximately a year ago, yes? He probably quit after his last yearly payment, meaning that if he doesn't pay the next one, the forums will shut down in approximately less than a years time. Eric says the update is coming.

It isn't.

Remember who Eric is. A corrupt mod. He is just raising our hopes so they will be crushed into nothing.
Maygirl2
if i change my title today (21/12/14) how many people would notice?

http://cpforum.forumotion.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Ccpenguin8 on 10/9/2012, 10:52 am

Agreed. Completely and totally agreed. Unless Chrisdog SUDDENLY becomes interested in that forum, it's as good as dead. We should enjoy this one while we can. Smile

XXXXXXXXXXXX

Ccpenguin8
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Gotchee on 10/9/2012, 11:27 am

Maygirl2 wrote:One thing that has been bugging me forever, is that Chrisdog PAYS for the website [well technically his parents do, cause he is a colledge drop out, but still] and he doesn't use it. Why can't he just cancel the payment? Imma gonna answer my own question here.

vBulliten offers year lasting payments, renewed every singe year. Think about it, the last time he went online was approximately a year ago, yes? He probably quit after his last yearly payment, meaning that if he doesn't pay the next one, the forums will shut down in approximately less than a years time. Eric says the update is coming.

It isn't.

Remember who Eric is. A corrupt mod. He is just raising our hopes so they will be crushed into nothing.

Yes, that's true ( Although I think Chrisdog makes a couple of bucks on his own by the ads on CPCP ) Anyway, Chrisdog is about 20 years old and its pretty obvious he doesn't really care about the forum, hes probably quit CP too.

So theres pretty much nothing we can do, and if Maygirl is right, the CPCP forums will be down by January 2013 or something. At least we have THIS forum, so lets try to be an active community. The CPCP forums are DEAD and we need to get over it.

XXXXXXXXXXXX
Gotchee
The Boogeyman

Back to top Go down

Post  Maygirl2 on 10/9/2012, 12:23 pm

Gotchee wrote:
Maygirl2 wrote:One thing that has been bugging me forever, is that Chrisdog PAYS for the website [well technically his parents do, cause he is a colledge drop out, but still] and he doesn't use it. Why can't he just cancel the payment? Imma gonna answer my own question here.

It isn't.

Although I think Chrisdog makes a couple of bucks on his own by the ads on CPCP )

I'm fairly sure the money from the ads is LESS than what the site costs.
Maygirl2

Back to top Go down

Post  Ccpenguin8 on 10/9/2012, 12:28 pm

Maygirl2 wrote:
Gotchee wrote:

It isn't.

Although I think Chrisdog makes a couple of bucks on his own by the ads on CPCP )

Yes, so am I. But, he has plastered ads everywhere, so he must make SOME money.

XXXXXXXXXXXX

Ccpenguin8
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicktang10 on 10/9/2012, 12:55 pm

Ccpenguin8 wrote:
Maygirl2 wrote:
Gotchee wrote:

It isn't.

Of course. So many ads, some even offensive (then Window Parental Controls won't let me through) But if he has quit, then who is responsible for all the ads? Was there a new admin?
Nicktang10
Bronze Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maygirl2 on 10/9/2012, 12:59 pm

Nicktang10 wrote:
Ccpenguin8 wrote:
Maygirl2 wrote:
Gotchee wrote:

It isn't.

Of course. So many ads, some even offensive (then Window Parental Controls won't let me through) But if he has quit, then who is responsible for all the ads? Was there a new admin?

No, the vBulliten software does it automatically. CD doesnt have to do anything.
Maygirl2

Back to top Go down

Post  Ccpenguin8 on 10/9/2012, 1:03 pm

Maygirl2 wrote:
Nicktang10 wrote:
Ccpenguin8 wrote:
Maygirl2 wrote:
Gotchee wrote:

It isn't.

No, the vBulliten software does it automatically. CD doesnt have to do anything.

Yes, there is an option in the vBulletin ACP (I used to be a vBulletin forum admin). All CD has to do is link it up to his Google AdSense account and vBulletin places the ads automatically while CD rakes the money in.

XXXXXXXXXXXX

Ccpenguin8
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicktang10 on 10/9/2012, 2:43 pm

So, now what do we do about CPCP? Abandon it forever, or go there and report? I honestly think that we may do the first option. And we still miss CPCP.
Nicktang10
Bronze Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gotchee on 10/9/2012, 3:12 pm

Nicktang10 wrote:So, now what do we do about CPCP? Abandon it forever, or go there and report? I honestly think that we may do the first option. And we still miss CPCP.

I suggest we abandon it. Even without the spambots, the forum was always laggy and full of annoying glitches. I will miss it, but theres nothing we can do.

XXXXXXXXXXXX
Gotchee
The Boogeyman

Back to top Go down

Post  totelyawsome on 10/9/2012, 3:19 pm

yeah lets stop thinking about the forum when we have this one! i know we will all miss CPCP but its better here. CPCP had logging in glitches and a glitch when you post a long post your computer will get stuck at the top of the screen while this forum dose not.
totelyawsome
The Awesome One

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 11/9/2012, 12:35 pm

I only joined cpcp to troll it so I don't really know the whole 'big massive back story thingy' but I say just leave it!

Back to top Go down

Post  Ccpenguin8 on 11/9/2012, 12:49 pm

EternalStory wrote:I only joined cpcp to troll it so I don't really know the whole 'big massive back story thingy' but I say just leave it!

Let me explain the 'backstory': Chrisdog left the forum in 2011. Since then we have been hacked, had various run-ins with TCPCF, experienced glitches etc. etc. As of August 2012, the forum was overrun by spam bots and the mods went inactive. Soon, we made an emergency back up plan and the community moved to this forum.

XXXXXXXXXXXX

Ccpenguin8
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicktang10 on 11/9/2012, 1:03 pm

And since we're here and we've decided that we should just stay here and only go on to CPCP to redirect new members, what should we do now? Lock the thread? Or continue going on and on about this?
Nicktang10
Bronze Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ccpenguin8 on 11/9/2012, 1:05 pm

Nicktang10 wrote:And since we're here and we've decided that we should just stay here and only go on to CPCP to redirect new members, what should we do now? Lock the thread? Or continue going on and on about this?

I'll interpret this as a lock request. Thread closed. If anyone else has any IMPORTANT comments about this, PM me and I'll unlock this thread.

XXXXXXXXXXXX

Ccpenguin8
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: